• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Problem with Ford Credit on a VT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Ford Credit on a VT

Hi really hope someone can help. Im new here and currently feel so worried and stressed.
    I have 2 cars with Ford on a PCP that I can no longer afford. Last March when lockdown happened and I was furloughed I spoke to Ford Credit to take a payment holiday. In total I took 5 months. Payments previous to this were unaffected. I then resumed my payments and I noticed on my online account that Ford had extended my term by an extra 5 months. I had made calls to Ford on 3 occasions to check my balance to 50%. So currently I owe £306 on one of the cars. The other is still 3 months off 50%. I called them last week and told them can I pay the amount due and I would like to VT. Was told to email in which I did. Then received a call the following morning from the same lady saying I needed to write a letter out and email that in showing my signature. Which I did. Following day I received a call from the car collection people to arrange collection. They happened to be local to me so I asked if I could drop it off that afternoon which they agreed to. The car was handed over and I got a copy of the vehicle collection receipt. Following day I received a letter from Ford saying I owed £2200ish which included my missed payments and arrears. I have spoken to them and I said there are no arrears showing on the account, they have extended the term by an extra 5 months. I have also argued that why was I not told on any call that they will ask for the extra payments. Fords are still saying I owe that amount, and I am saying I have paid 50% except for £306 I offered to pay and I am not in arrears and they have extended my term.
    Can anyone please help as to where I stand? Thank you in advance
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X