• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Finance company not replying to letter of voluntary termination

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finance company not replying to letter of voluntary termination

Can some one help me. My so. a letter to Marsh finance to voluntarily terminate his agreement for his car on 1st April. It was emailed to them and I know they received the email as I had a reply from them asking for my son to call them. Unfortunately my son works long hours so has been unable to call them, and has sent further emails to them asking them to confirm they have received the letter and advise when they will be collecting the car.

he also advised them how much he had paid up to that date and asked them to confirm that he will have no further payment to make. So far he has had no reply from them. He has sent 3 reminders to them asking them to confirm in writing the information he has given them is correct, but they still won’t reply.

he doesn’t want to make another payment on the car as he has just changed his job and is jo longer using the car.

Can he be made to make any further payments if they are ignoring his requests and haven’t arranged collection of the car. He still has the V5 for the car in his name, can he send that back to them with their details being shown as the new owner. The mot was done on the car in December.

what can he do as he is starting to panic they will try to take the money off him again this month.
    Tags: None

Voluntary termination is not contingent on the lender accepting or acknowledging the notice. If he is confident he has satisfied the criteria then he can cancel his direct debit. Alternatively he can keep his direct debit set up and let them continue taking money until they decide to respond and/he decides enough is enough and seek a refund of the overpayments.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X