• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Blackhorse Still charging me as Ive not signed paperwork?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackhorse Still charging me as Ive not signed paperwork?

Good afternoon,

Im in the process of VT 'ing my vehicle to Blackhorse. Ive received text messages asking me contact them several times since I started the process in December 2020. Im at the stage of tearing my hair out with them as I can see it is damaging my credit file.

A quick timeline below:

I sent a letter dated 20th Decemebr informing Blackhorse that I am starting a voluntary termination using one of the template letters on here.
    I received a letter form Blackhorse dated 31st December with a pack including forms I had to sign and where i could drop the car off.
    I also received a text message asking me to call them, which I did. The lady on the phone was helpful and I explained that I no longer could afford the car and I had paid more than half of the outstanding amount, therefore I was voluntarily terminating my agreement. She said she had received the letter but I was one month in arrears since the letter arrived after the payment for december was due. She said they didnt receive the letter until the first week of January and was adamant until I said I have received a letter dated 31st December 2020 acknowledging my VT.
    She then made an excuse saying I had not giving them enough time to cancel any payments. I informed her I was within my rights to terminate the contract at the date I stated in the letter.
    She asked me if I would like to make a complaint as I said I was disputing the arrears. She said she had started the internal complaints process.
    I returned the paperwork unsigned to Blackhorse and also returned the vehicle to the agreed auction house where I got a signature to acknowledge receipt of the car, which I forwarded to Blackhorse.
    Ive noticed that my arrears are building up and have several texts from Blackhorse asking me to contact them. I looked at my credit report and now have 2 months arrears noted on my file.
    Yesterday I received a text asking me to contact them again, I called them today and was spoken to by a man who quite honestly was a bit cocky and condescending. He informed me that the arrears were building up as they didnt receive the forms signed by me. I told him I didnt sign them and he stated that I had to. I informed him that I dont need to sign anything to terminate a credit agreement to which he kept saying the opposite, not exactly professional.
    I then informed him that I had received a text and that was why I was calling to which he replied its because you are in arrears. i told him I had initiated a formal complaint with Blackhorse to which he said he couldnt do anything about as it was another department.
    I ended the call with him stating that I would expect to hear from the complaints department promptly and that the arrears should have been at the very least stopped whilst the complaint was being dealt with. I dont hold out much hope for a fair asssessment of the complaint.
    My question for the knowledgeable amongst you on here is where do I go from here?
    If the arrears continue to stack up due to the lengthy delay in my complaint being dealt with I could end up in serious financial trouble if it continues to affect my credit file.
    As far as I am aware the car is still at the auction house - it could already have been sold - im not sure.
    Would I be better to make a formal complaint to the financial ombudsman at this point or send another letter to Blackhorse?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Tags: None

Update:
    received a phone call from Blackhorse complaints department today. They acknowledged my letter was dated 20th December and said they should have contacted me sooner. They said the letter should have had a wet signature which is part of their terms but acknowledge it should not have any bearing on the outcome. They have wiped the liability due and will change the credit record from arrears to settled status with no further payment required.
    id say that was a common sense win.
    Many thanks for your template letters and knowledge SSE on these forums.

Comment

You do not want the credit record as settled, you want it removed completely

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X