• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Voluntary Termination of Mercedes PCP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voluntary Termination of Mercedes PCP

Hi, this is my first post so apologies if this has been covered many times before but I would really appreciate some advice.

I took out a PCP with Mercedes in Sept 2017 which I voluntarily terminated in November 2020. The car was collected and the chap doing the collection did not mention any problems but emailed me a report later which identified 2 things:

1) A scratch on the passenger door - £215 to repair (this had not penetrated the surface)
    2) Slight damage to the front two alloys - £110 each (these are kerb marks)

A few weeks later I then received a bill from Mercedes for £1795 which includes the repairs and excess mileage. I would like to challenge the whole invoice as I feel the repairs are most certainly unfair and also when I purchased the vehicle I was told by the manager that as long as I had achieved 50% of the total cost I could return the vehicle with no charge other than any mileage above the stated mileage for the whole contract term (48 months).

I have spoken to Mercedes and told them I did not agree with the invoice and whilst they wanted to discuss it on the phone I refused and said I would only deal with them in writing.

I'd heard nothing more until yesterday when they sent the invoice again and also a standard letter just telling me the different ways that I could pay so I'm expecting something more formal from them soon.

Should I wait until I hear from them or respond to the invoice and what should I say? I know this is going to be a bumpy ride but I do want to fight and at the very least have the costs reduced.

Thanks in advance

Paul
    Tags: None

Hi is there anyone who can with this please as I've had a letter today stating this will be referring to a debt agency if I don't pay in the next 10 days. What can I do?

Comment

Can you attach a copy of the invoice? (Blanking out identifying detail).

What part of the invoice do you dispute?

What part of the invoice do you admit?

Rather than waiting for them to make the next move you should ask them for a full breakdown of the items on the invoice.

You have told them you disagree with the invoice which is not the same as registering a dispute.

You should not wait to hear from them you should be pro-active in resolving the issues.

Comment

Your answer might lie here: https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...on-your-rights

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X