• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Should we take this further? (MBFS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should we take this further? (MBFS)

Hi All,

I would like some advice as to whether or not to take our complaint with MBFS further please.

We are disputing additional damage identified by BCA after the return of our car at the end of its 4 yr lease. On return to MB the car was inspected and all damage identified, agreed and signed. We then received a notice of charges (as expected), but these included charges for additional damage not previously identified. We questioned this second inspection and were sent details of a the inspection carried out by a 3rd party (BCA) and yes, additional damage could be seen. We paid the charges identified at the time of the 1st inspection, but raised a complaint disputing the additional charges on the basis that there was no evidence that this damage was caused by us. The 1st and 2nd inspections had been carried out over a month apart, the car's mileage had increased by 70 and the second inspection was at a different site suggesting that it was highly likely that the damage had been incurred after we had returned the vehicle. We also queried why a second inspection had been carried out in the first place, given that this option on the return document had not been ticked as it had not been needed.

We have received a pretty dismal 'final decision' email today from MBFS, they only make a comment that the 'damages are evident and the charges raised correctly' - but we are not disputing this!

Thank you for reading - would anyone have any advice for me please?
    Tags: None

Hi Sophia - sorry that I can't help but did you get anywhere with this? I am having exactly the same issue - I agreed with damages on first report but more 'came to light' on second report more than doubling the cost.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X