• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Final right to reject help please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final right to reject help please

Looking for advice please.

Purchased a car on finance in August.

Had issues from 2 weeks in. Had it back 6 times for multiple repairs. All of which have come back

Exercised my Right to Reject with finance company (who said will investigate for 14 days) not happy with that ive gone to dealer.

Dealer has accepted the rejection and took the car back.

Ive covered 1440 miles since purchased, but weve agreed 440 has been back and forth for repairs.

So theyre quoting 1000 miles at 45p for fair usage.

I feel 45p is high as seen posts with people saying 15p or 20p before.

Also upon handing car back dealer is saying my £300 deposit isnt refundable as its been 5 months so its my Final right to Reject as opposed to Short Right to Reject. Also saying theyll be suprised if i get the 5 finance payments totalling £1200 back from finance company.

Surely by taking it back theyve admitted the car is unsatisfactory and the Consumer Rights Act Section 20 should apply?

(9)The consumer’s entitlement to receive a refund works as follows.
    (10)To the extent that the consumer paid money under the contract, the consumer is entitled to receive back the same amount of money.
    (11)To the extent that the consumer transferred anything else under the contract, the consumer is entitled to receive back the same amount of what the consumer transferred, unless subsection (12) applies.
    (12)To the extent that the consumer transferred under the contract something for which the same amount of the same thing cannot be substituted, the consumer is entitled to receive back in its original state whatever the consumer transferred.
    (13)If the contract is for the hire of goods, the entitlement to a refund extends only to anything paid or otherwise transferred for a period of hire that the consumer does not get because the contract is treated as at an end.
    (14)If the contract is a hire-purchase agreement or a conditional sales contract and the contract is treated as at an end before the whole of the price has been paid, the entitlement to a refund extends only to the part of the price paid.
    (15)A refund under this section must be given without undue delay, and in any event within 14 days beginning with the day on which the trader agrees that the consumer is entitled to a refund.
    (16)If the consumer paid money under the contract, the trader must give the refund using the same means of payment as the consumer used, unless the consumer expressly agrees otherwise.
    (17)The trader must not impose any fee on the consumer in respect of the refund

^^^ am i right in thinking this applies

Also is 45p a mile fair considering ive had 6 unpaid days off work due to this vehicle for them to carry out repairs.

Any advice on how to proceed very much appreciated

Also wanna add, imputting the reg on webuyanycar with the 1000 miles difference drops the valuation by £40... same on autotrader, different valuations but £40 different. Have sent them screenshots of this but theyre adamant 45p is the best they can do :/
    Tags: None

So why have you started another thread when you have answers in the other one?

Comment

I posted as a guest but it went into welcome page ...i then signed in and posted in relevent section as thought itd be seen easier. Didnt realise this had a reply until id posted elswhere. My bad

Comment

Just an update...
        finance company now being the ones to slow the ball.
        dealer accepted the car back
        Acknowledged an issue but we couldnt agree on pence per mile as they want 45p as per hmrc milage rate. Ive stated this is for tax returns and claiming inclusive of fuel insurance tax etc but theyre adamant they wont go lower than that. But at this point i may be happy take the 450 hit on that as only done 1k miles.

But finance compant "claim manager" was supposed to ring me friday.. rang at close of play and was told itd be today, rang again today at 5pm and told itll be tomorrow...

Dealer has contacted finance company to settle but its finance company dragging their feet. Meanwhile im left without a car with a 4 month old with additional needs so a car needed for regulsr hospital trips etc. Due in alder hey tmoz and gonna have to travek in my work van this week.

However im hoping they dont try to refuse the rejection as ive just put a deposit down on a different car on finance

Could do with refund being sorted by finance house sooner rather than later.

I issued both with a Letter Before Action giving 14 days on Tue 5th Jan. So to be fair its not been a week yet.but as of yet ive not spoke to the finance company in regards to figures, only the call centre type and not an actual manager or case handler.

Starting think theyre taking piss and dragging feet so expecting them to try to reject it their end as im on 20% apr with them so theres like 5k interest theyll be losing out on.

If i dont hear off anyone before friday what would next step be?

Thanks

Comment

Your dealings should have been through the finance house
          They are the owners of the car and they are the ones who refund ALL the money you are due (this includes the deposit) and don't accept 45ppm as acceptable.

You issued a letter before action, so if the finance house don't get back to you, act on it.
          Or at least draft the claim and mail the finance house a copy before lodging it to show you mean business.

Just read back and as ostell stated on your other thread if you reported the car as unsatisfactory within the first 30 days and it has not been rendered satisfactory you are still within the time limit to exercise your short term rights.
          So no deduction for use and full refund please, and no I am not paying a usage charge.
          However be prepared to negotiate rather than go down court action

Comment

Yeah ive broached that angle with finance company.. the fact its a short term right to reject due to the 30 days being put on hold. But theyve put that to the dealer and theyre having none of it basically. But i dont know if thats just the finance company making it seem hard as they keep "suggesting" i can get the car back repaired.but im well past that tbh.
            thanks for reply, shall see if he calls tomoz

Comment

Of course they won't accept what you are claiming as it costs them and the dealer.
              A court might well have a different opinion.
              From now on keep everything in writing, email is acceptable.
              If there is a phone conversation, confirm it in writing.

Comment

As expected... no phone call... got onto their facebook page and trustpilot.. then got a call from an agent saying hed been asked to pass along an update as the handler is busy. The update was
                weve been able to negotiate to pay 1000 miles rather than 1500... but they want 45p, we are aiming for 25p.

I literally was the one to negotiate the 1000 miles and informthe finance house they want 45p :/.

So basically theyve done nowt.
                The dealer reckons has been emailing wanting to return the funds but finance house making it hard.
                Its a joke. I picked up a new car yesterday and really cba being stuck paying both

Comment

I tell a lie, just rang again and was told hed ring me in 15 mins.

Not completely ideal but im happy with it on the whole

Payments so far 1175.
                  deposit 300

Negative equity 485
                  fair usage 1000 miles at 25p totalling 250

740 refund and agreement unwound.

Happy with that really as i wasnt happy with make and model also and now have a car 4 years newer, 50k miles less for 20 a month less.
                  so the refunds a bonus

Thank you to you all for your help! Very much appreciated

Comment

Thank you for the update and glad you have reached an acceptable settlement

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X