• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Given the choice by motonovo pay monthly payment or receive credit marker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Given the choice by motonovo pay monthly payment or receive credit marker

Hi everyone
    Started my first ever VT with Moto Novo thanks to the help on here I emailed the letter and posted first class recorded signed for mail .
    Today I phoned and the lady went through the process about it affects your credit rating and vehicle will be inspected once they have possession of it

Now the part that I can't work out is she said I have a choice either pay this month's payment due on the 25th of June and subject to there being no damage I would receive it back after 3 weeks or so
    Or not pay the payment receive a black mark as a missed payment and they would look *to correct it at a later date

I suspect they will claim damage to value of the payment to not pay me back

I am well over the 50% mark as it stands today
    _________

I also received this email just now from them

We thank you for contacting our office to enquire about the Voluntary Termination process.

As outlined in your agreement, in order to progress, you are required to pay half of the total amount payable. If you have already reached the half way stage, you will be required to continue making monthly payments until your request to Voluntary Terminate has been received in writing or you advise us by telephone that you wish to proceed.Any overpayment will be used towards your liability if required.Any arrears will be added to your liability.

Process

If you wish to proceed with the voluntary termination please confirm either via telephone or send in a signed letter. This can be scanned and emailed or you can take a photograph and attach to the email.*

Once your request to proceed has been received (you will need to provide us with the best contact telephone number / time to call), our agents will contact you within 2- 3 working days to book an appointment and aim to arrange collection within the next 7 days.

You will need to make sure that the car is available for collection on the agreed date together with the relevant vehicle documents.

Missing Documents
    If the following items are missing, we will charge you for the costs to replace them:
    Current MOT certificate - £75
    V5 Registration document (log book) - £235
    Service History Book - £25
    Proof of regular servicing - £300 if not maintained
    Master/Spare Key – At BVRLA cost price
    Vehicle Manual - £10

Inspection and Damages

To comply with your voluntary termination rights, you must also ensure that the vehicle is in reasonable condition; otherwise you will be liable for any costs to repair and any recovery costs (if the vehicle is not roadworthy).

When our agents arrive at the agreed appointment, they will undertake an inspection of your vehicle with you present. They will be looking for any damages to the vehicle including but not limited to:
    to
    Scratches
    Dents
    Damages to the alloys,
    Poor paint repairs
    All tyres are within the legal limit
    If there are any warning lights displayed on the dashboard
    The vehicle must start

If any damage is found outside of normal wear and tear, the agent will record the damage and issue you with a report. You will have the opportunity to dispute any damages found at that time if you feel that these are not justified, your concerns will be passed to us to review.

What happens next?

Once the vehicle has been collected, we will issue you with a letter to confirm your final liability. This letter will include any payments required to reach half of the total amount payable, any arrears (if applicable) and any damage costs. Your liability will not be cancelled until these payments have been paid in full.

Other Options

Finally, we have also explained that you have the option to part exchange or sell the vehicle independently providing we receive full settlement. Let us know if you have decided to dispose of the vehicle yourself and no longer wish to proceed with the voluntary termination of your vehicle.

Please note this will reflect on your credit file as a VT “voluntary termination”, other lenders can see this and it may prevent you from taking out future finance with MNF.

Please be aware if the vehicle in not roadworthy or if you have an expired Notice of Default, you will need to complete a VS ‘voluntary surrender’. This differs from a VT as you would be liable for the balance after the sale of the vehicle, plus any charges obtained from collection or as noted above.
    If the requested is cancelled within 48 hours of the agents attendance you will be subject to a cancellation fee.

-------------------------

How should I proceed and which option is best with regards to the payment or no payment this month
    Tags: None

They have received your VT letter and the contract is ended and no liability for any further payments. They are just trying it on.

Point out to them that you did not enquire, you actually terminated with their receipt of the letter.

Comment

I thought that to.he honest but wasn't too sure where I stood*

My next payment isn't due until the 25th so more than enough time to get this resolved*

'll call them back today*

Comment

You would be wise to keep your correspondence in writing in case they do mark your credit file and you have a paper trail. If you still prefer to call them that's fine but follow it up with an email or letter confirming what was discussed and your position.
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Thank you rob
          I did speak to them today and email

2nd chap seemed more helpful basically he confirmed I have nothing more to pay should I choose not to and the offer of a final payment is to potentially offset any damage charges when they inspect the car And would be reimbursed if no damage is found.

So from what I've read on here when the car is being collected am I right in thinking I sign nothing and just hand the keys over

They have requested I leave all the bookpack v5 on the passenger seat

Once the date is given I will take plenty of time stamped photos

Just a last quick question they have asked to ensure the mot certificate is present which expired last week but has the 6 month extension is this a potential banana skin I should might get caught out on or should I mot it before collection

Comment

Still amazes me what employees of some companies are prepared to say, particularly the first one you spoke to and borderline fraudulent if not at least a misrepresentation.

Once instalments are paid, the general rule is that you can't recover them so the fact they're asking for an additional month's instalment is rather disingenuous. Unless you are extremely naive, why would anyone agree to make another payment on the off-chance that there might be additional charges raised - it should be the other way around in that the charges are raised and then you decide if you accept them or not.

MOT issue should be fine, it is automatic but it would be sensible of you to check the MOT information online to make sure it has been extended. If it hasn't you'll need to contact the DVLA to get it updated. Check out the link below and follow the instructions, there's a specific DVLA email to get this updated.

If it has been extended already, suggest you print off a copy and leave it with the pack of documents as evidence the MOT is still valid.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavi...-30-march-2020
            If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
            - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
            LEGAL DISCLAIMER
            Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

rob*thank you*

Comment

So the car went Monday*
                having a conversation re some damage which is another issue i am disputing*
                just logged into the mototnovo app this morning and it says missed payments x1 plus a £90 repossession fee*
                typical the call centre is closed on Saturday but I'm so angry

Comment

Take a screenshot of that, it's evidence.
                  LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

rob*done that thank you let’s see what they say Monday*

Comment

So just to draw a line in this one
                      The £90 fee shouldn't be on my screen it's an internal charge

They still pushed for the £132 worth of damages which they claimed had to be done before the car was sold

upon finding the vehicle on the Aston Barclay auction site the damage was still present and also the satnav disc had been removed mentioned this to them and literally within 5 minutes of putting down the phone i got an email saying all charges squashed and my account is now closed

Thanks to TINY TOTS and rob for all your help

Comment

Thanks for the update.

This is why it is always worth while doing some investigation post-termination. Just as an FYI they aren't required to have the car repaired in order to claim back damages but if they are stipulating that the car had to be fixed but they knew that it never took place, then that is fraud.

Either way, good result.
                        LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

Malcst75 glad it all went well for you*

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X