• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

voluntary termination

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• voluntary termination

Hi i hope somebody can point me in the right direction.
    My daughters has been furloughed and has frozen her car finance for 3 months. However she has been considering voluntary termination as she has paid more than 50%.
    My questions are
    1. would the frozen payments have to be made before she could Voluntary terminate as they could be classed as arrears and affect her credit score?
    2. the car is 12 years old and it would be difficult to ascertain what would be reasonable damage at that age how does she stand?
    3. Could the finance company charge her to take the car away?
    4.If the car is sold at auction for less than the outstanding finance would she be chased for the difference.
    5 after she sent the letter to voluntary terminate can she still drive the car or would she have to Sorn and cancel the insurance in order to drive/purchase another another car?

hope i havent asked too much in my first post but thank you in advance

Derek
    Tags: None

Just to add finance is with close brothers

Comment

Close brothers agreed to freeze payments but they said if she received a default notice that she could ignore it.
      she has today received the default notice dated 21/05/2020 10 days after payment was due will this make a difference even though she was told to ignore.

Comment

sorry i keep thinking of questions
        would it be better for my daughter to purchase a new car using finance before she voluntary terminates using a different finance company or even the same one

Comment

does anybody have any answers please looking to do it very soon

Comment

Autosec hi there I have just done a vt with the same company. I was just over my 50% mark when I did the vt in march of this year. I emailed and sent a letter recorder delivery. your frozen payment wont affect the vt as you have already reached over the 50% mark. my car got picked up last Tuesday as advised on here I refused to sign. never sign anything! you have paid over the 50% so whatever they sell the car for they cant come back to you for the difference this is the whole point of the vt. you should not be charged for picking the car up it is within youre rights as part of the process, this is why you don't sign when they collect. if you tag rob with any questions he will get back to you. because you haven't tagged him that's the reason why he hasn't read it. this forum has helped me greatly I was a nervous wreck and robs advice has been great!

Comment

And there is a guide to VT in the shortcuts panel on the right

Comment

Originally posted by TINY TOTS View Post
                Autosec hi there I have just done a vt with the same company. I was just over my 50% mark when I did the vt in march of this year. I emailed and sent a letter recorder delivery. your frozen payment wont affect the vt as you have already reached over the 50% mark. my car got picked up last Tuesday as advised on here I refused to sign. never sign anything! you have paid over the 50% so whatever they sell the car for they cant come back to you for the difference this is the whole point of the vt. you should not be charged for picking the car up it is within youre rights as part of the process, this is why you don't sign when they collect. if you tag rob with any questions he will get back to you. because you haven't tagged him that's the reason why he hasn't read it. this forum has helped me greatly I was a nervous wreck and robs advice has been great!
                thank you for that

Comment

Sorry how do i tag Rob

Comment

rob*hi i am now close to starting VT going to look for a replacement car today hoe you wouldnt mind if you have time answering my question above to give me peace of mind

Comment

TINY TOTS*thats been a great help
                      did you have any damage to pay for?

Comment

rob*sorry again should I remove private plate before VT letter is sent/emailed?

Comment

R0b
                          hopefully I have tagged the right R0b now and apologies once again for all the posts

Comment

You can VT at any time and a payment holiday would not affect this. As far as I am aware, payment holiday would not have affected her credit file according to the FCA (click here).

Your right to use the car exists so long as the contract exists. No contract, no right.

The rest of your questions are answered in my VT Guide on the link below.

https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...on-your-rights
                            If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
                            - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                            LEGAL DISCLAIMER
                            Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Autosec I haven't heard any thing from them yet still time yet. they have to take in fair wear and tear into consideration

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X