• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

VT letter sent 20.3.2020 to close motor finance.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VT letter sent 20.3.2020 to close motor finance.

hi rob.
    I sent a vt letter on 20.3.2020 they have received it. I was due to get new tryes on and an mot today but the garage has now closed down due to the corona virus which I understand... im waiting for them to call me to arrange collection although I did say if the auction was in Birmingham I would try to deliver myself... now I feel the car will be with me for sometime but I was wondering where do I stand as far as the direct debit that is due to leave my account on the 1st april ?? please help. many thanks in advance!
    Tags: r0b

I think some reasonableness under current circumstances should be given on your part, but equally I don't think it is reasonable for them to force you to keep the car for a long period of time. At the end of the day, it is their car and as long as you have it in your possession you are obligated to look after - clearly you should want to discharge that obligation as soon as possible. Consider asking them what they are planning to do to pick up the car, and if it the car is to be within your possession for a lengthy period of time then suggest you will agree provided they pay for reasonable costs of storage.

As for your direct debit, if you've terminated the agreement why haven't you cancelled it? Unless of course you want to give them free money and assuming you have hit the 50% threshold.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

thanks rob youre a superstar!! ive managed to arrange an m.o.t and two new tyres for tomorrow (fingers crossed) and yes I am £3000 over the 50% mark.
      I will cancel the direct debit today. I was just worried about my credit score *

Comment

you'll have to maintain it as all the garages are closed.

Comment

R0b just an update recieved email saying dont know when they can pick the car up. But have asked for me to keep the insurance on it am I obliged to do this as it could be sitting for months. Thanks r0b

Comment

r0b* hi there just an update I have recieved email asked to keep insurance on car until they pick it up this could be a while yet as they are not collecting at the moment. Please advise

Comment

R0b hi rob just an update I have tryes fitted and m.o.t done. the asset recovery team have emailed me yesterday saying they are not collecting vehicles at the moment but have highlighted that I keep it insured! I pay £149.00 a month please advise*

Comment

Originally posted by TINY TOTS View Post
                R0b hi rob just an update I have tryes fitted and m.o.t done. the asset recovery team have emailed me yesterday saying they are not collecting vehicles at the moment but have highlighted that I keep it insured! I pay £149.00 a month please advise
                Not your problem. The contract has been cancelled so there is no legal obligation to maintain insurance. All liabiltiy and ownership passes, it's their job to make sure it has the right insurance and tax, not you.
                If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
                - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                LEGAL DISCLAIMER
                Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X