• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

VTing my car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VTing my car

Hi all,

I'm currently in the process of VTing my car, the car is on a HP - 60 months and I've paid 19 and one payment is in arrears. It's been unused for a year, aside from occasional trips and has ran out of MOT (It's parked offroad).

I sent a letter via recorded delivery and received an email reply the next day:

Good afternoon

Thank you for your letter confirming you wish to VT the above agreement.

Please see attached your Voluntary Termination quotation.

If you wish to proceed, please read the attached document carefully and reply in writing confirming that you wish to go ahead with the Voluntary Termination (email confirmation is fine). If so, your vehicle will need to be collected by our collections company for a fee of £120.00. The collection company will inspect the vehicle during the collection and assess any damage outside of ‘Fair Wear and Tear’ usage as well as potentially reviewing pro-rata excess mileage usage. They may then ask for any additional balance to be paid at the time of collection. Once the inspection is complete, then the vehicle will be taken by them.

Payment of the outstanding quotation amount and also the £120.00 can be made by calling 03301230332 (option 1) and paying Customer Services by debit card, or using Faster Payment/Bacs details:*
    I'm a bit confused about the next steps I should take. I guess I need to MOT the car? I assume I should contest the collection payment? But what happens if they collect the car and demand payment for any “additional balance”? Do I refuse?

Since I've owned the car 2 people reversed in to it in a supermarket car park, I've had both damages repaired but you can see the door contour isn't quite right in one place, is this part of fair wear and tear?

Also, when I bought the car (2nd hand) it had a cracked rear view camera, which makes me wonder if I'll need to pay for that too, since the car wasn't new when I bought it, how can they know if it was from a previous owner or not?

I have yet to reply to the email to confirm I'd like to go ahead. Should I MOT the car before doing this? Also what should I do if they will not accept my termination before paying the collection fee and/or final fee to make it up to 50%?

Thanks for your help
    Tags: None

Anyone?

Comment

No help. Thanks all.

Comment

Originally posted by gunga1977 View Post
        No help. Thanks all.
        Not everyone is able to pick up your post especially if they don't see it and given that there's lots of posts on a daily basis, it is easy to miss. Also, if you are not receiving a reply, there's a plethora of posts with the same question on this forum I would suggest you do a search and you will most likely find the answers you seek. They might not be directly applicable to your situation but you would certainly be able to read between the lines.

I suggest you read the VT Guide which answers all of your questions.

As for the repair of the door, I'm not sure it would be qualified as fair wear and tear because you've taken steps to repair it and my question to you is, if the door doesn't look right why haven't you gone back to the place that did the work and ask them to rectify it?
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X