• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Close Brothers Excess Mileage charge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Close Brothers Excess Mileage charge

Hi Everyone.
    So I Voluntary terminated my PCP agreement with Close Brothers Motor Finance.
    They sent someone round to inspect the vehicle and came back with £575.90 in Damage charges & £2401.92 in excess milage.
    I wrote a letter of complaint to them and they waived the damage charges because the "PCP does date before 15th December 2017 for inspection." but they want to uphold me for the excess milage.
    I have attached a redacted copy of the breakdown of payments that I made and from what I have calculated with the sale of the car, I owe them £1485.74 but possibly £368.27 if I was to argue it some more.

I borrowed £25205.47 (including Interest)
    I paid £13677.73117.47
    Sale of the car £10042

If I subtract all that, it leaves a balance of £1485.74

If I carry on to subtract the Interest Rebate (as detailed on the payment schedule) £1117.47.
    That leaves a final outstanding balance of £368.27, which I would quite happily pay to put an end to all this stress.
    If it says on the contact that I borrowed £25205.47. As long as they get that money back form my monthly payments and the sale of the car then that should be the end of it.

They have passed my debt on BlueStone Credit Management and I am in the process of complaining to the Financial Ombudsmen on the grounds of Liability as detailed on Section 99 & 100 of CCA.
    But also along the lines of that I was mis-sold the PCP because I was quoted by the sale guy in the garage "You don't need to worry about the mileage if your swapping the car in a couple of years".

This is the first time I have written to the financial ombudsman, what evidence do I need to provide?
    What is the best way to go about it?
    Are there any templates out there that could help me.

Any help on where to start would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards.
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Hi,

See link below there is an example FOS complaint template.

https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...on-your-rights
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Hi, can I asked about the following,

"I wrote a letter of complaint to them and they waived the damage charges because the "PCP does date before 15th December 2017 for inspection."

I took out my PCP in December 2016 and I'm VTing with inspection today which I dreading, the vehicle is in perfect condition and well under the mileage but I've seen a few people saying they've had charges.*

Just wondering what the PCP being dated before 15th Dec 2017 has an impact on?

Thanks*

Comment

rob*DalmatianDog*

Comment

Hi.
          Sorry for the late reply.
          CB cancelled my damage charges.
          They owned upto something in the contract that wasn’t legal. Fair play to them as I didn’t spot it.
          Will see if I can find the letter.
          They are still pursuing me for my milage, currently with ombudsman but delayed because of of COVID.

Will keep you updated.

Comment

Just a quick update.
            So after just over 2 years since I VT my agreement with Close Brothers the Ombudsman finally got back to me.
            They ruled in my favour!!!

They ordered Close Brother to clear any outstanding debt and refund any paid fees that I paid with interest at 8% on top.
            (Better interest rate than any high street bank)

Got to say a big thank you to everyone on this forum for all the advice and support with this and the letter templates.
            I think I would have been at a loss without it.

Hope anyone rereading this will have equal amount of success as I did.

Thanks again.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X