• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Voluntary Contract Termination Problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voluntary Contract Termination Problems

Hello,* I am in need of some advice please.

I have a vehicle on PCP with Ford Credit and have had the vehicle nearly 3 years in September with the optional balloon payment to be paid in September.* I do not wish to keep the vehicle at the end of the contact due to a change in circumstances.* However, I did not know about VCT and after looking into it I decided to proceed with this course of action.

I looked at the total amount payable and did my calculations as to 50% of the total amount payable being paid for the VCT to apply as per stated in the contact.* *I paid a deposit which is calculated into the total amount payable.* My monthly payments are made on the 2nd of each month and my calculations of the total of monthly payments made plus the deposit took me well over the 50% mark.*

When I phoned Ford Credit, they were very unhelpful and very evasive said I had not paid 50% of the total amount payable and that I had to pay in my monthly payments 50% of the total price payable.* I said that is unreasonable and underhanded and it doesn't state in the contact 50% to be paid in monthly payments only and it states 50% to be paid back n total as per contract.* *My deposit had been calculated into the total price and interest, fees etc, to make a figure of total amount payable and I questioned why* i should* have to pay 50% of my deposit again??* Again they would not answer my question and said that refer to the contract.* They were really unhelpful and unreasonable and clueless and could not give me a breakdown of what I had paid in total, it was me who had done all the work and was giving them the calculations, but I stood my ground.* After a lengthily conversation of getting nowhere, I said I am not paying a penny more to them as I had paid well over 50% and I cancelled my Direct Debit and sent them an email to confirm VCT with the breakdown of my deposit and monthly payments calculations to take me over the 50% mark.* This has now been accepted.

The car is being collected tomorrow, and is in very good condition, the normal wear and tear and well below the mileage set in my contract.* I have received a letter from Ford Credit yesterday charging me hire charges of £9.68 per day,for each day from the last payment on February 2nd to 12th February when I confirmed the VCT. - over £100.* Can they do this?* I am not on a hire purchase agreement. I have read other posts on this site and there is no mention of anybody being charged hire charges from the Finance Company.

I think I am going to have a rocky ride with Ford Credit and think they will become even more difficult after the vehicle has been returned in trying to charge me for anything they can, to get more money out of me.* * * *

Never again will I enter into a PCP.*

Thank you in advance *
    Tags: None

You should check the terms and conditions to see if it mentions anything about billing you pro-rata if you terminate during the month before the payment becomes due.

I doubt there would be something in there but even if there was, you wouldn't be liable to pay it because your obligation is to pay the instalments each month when they become due. As you've reached the 50% mark you dont need to pay a penny more of the instalment amount even on a pro-rata basis.

Unfortunately every finance company is becoming aggressive and the only way to come out on top is fight fire with fire and stand your ground.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Car was collected Yesterday, appraisal was noted as fair and no defects - issues damage etc... I am wondering what they will come back with given the issues I have had with them trying to VCT the vehicle from the start.

I have checked the contract with a fine tooth comb and there is no mention of hire/usage.charge upon termination of the contract... I cannot understand why they think they can charge you.... However it states days from the payment to date of VCT, and they are charging me 12 days hire charge when I pay on the 2nd so if this is a valid claim, it should be 10 days hire charges from 3rd to 12th.. I know it is a standard letter they send out as another forum member has received a similar letter with the same charges at the bottom.What should I do fight this issue? The collection letter states i have paid 59% of the total price to pay so I think I have paid more than my fair share of the vehicle. Thanks in advance

Comment

Pay or don't pay, that is up to you.

As you've paid 59% there's nothing you can do since your liability is capped at 50%. Make a formal complaint ask for compensation, they will refuse then take it to the Financial Ombudsman. Otherwise invite them to go to court to settle the matter or to put in more bluntly, **** off.*
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X