• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Started the VT Process with Audi Finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Started the VT Process with Audi Finance

Hi guys,
    I've today started the VT process with Audi, using the Template provided.
    I am over the agreed mileage allowance so I expect a battle.
    Will keep you updated.
    James.
    Tags: None

Immediate response...So far so good..

Thank you for your email regarding your voluntary termination (VT) query. We can confirm that this has been received and we will endeavour to respond to you within 48 hours.

If you have requested a voluntary termination this will be processed immediately and your details will be passed to our agent, British Car Auctions (BCA). They will be in touch within 7 working days to arrange the inspection and collection of the vehicle. Alternatively, you can follow the booking portal link that will be provided on your VT confirmation letter.

Kind Regards,

Customer Services Team

Volkswagen Financial Services

Comment

Had this through today......Do you think I am ok to cancel my Direct Debit now....Next payment is due on or around the 6th March?
      * Voluntary Termination
      Please be aware that email is not a secure method of communication. Sharing information, particularly personal information, via this channel is done so at your own risk. By responding to this email you are confirming acceptance of this risk.
      As well as email, you can call us or visit our website.

We have terminated your agreement as instructed. Please ensure you read the information pack that has been sent to you in preparation for the inspection and collection of the vehicle.
      Your details have been passed to our agent British Car Auctions (BCA). They will be in touch within 7 working days to arrange both the inspection and collection of the vehicle. *Alternatively you can contact them directly on 03457 00 44 33.
      If the vehicle is subject to a personalised plate and you wish to retain it, you will need to complete the transfer to a new registration number with the relevant V5C before your inspection date. If you have not done so already, you can remove your personalised plate online with immediate effect by visiting www.gov.uk/keep-registration-number.

Comment

Yes you can cancel now if you wish.

Expect a battle with the mileage but that's usual ping pong and you can find out everything from doing your research on here.
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Thanks Rob, I do expect a battle, however I don't plan to pursue too far in case it hurts my credit rating. I will have a go though

Comment

And there lies the crux......

Comment

So BCA have arranged collection.....Here is the email from them confirming...….It does state that someone has to sign the inspection report though? Is this acceptable?

For Inspection purposes please ensure the following prior to the Inspectors arrival:
              o Vehicle is made available with full access
              o Vehicle is clean and in presentable condition
              o Lose items - Spare key, Handbook, Service History, Looking Wheel Nut are present
              o You are present to sign for the Inspection Report or someone is present that you authorise
              to sign on your behalf

For collection purposes please ensure the following prior to the Drivers arrival:
              o Vehicle is made available with full access
              o Vehicle is clean and in presentable condition
              o All personal belongings are removed from the car

Please note our Inspectors and Drivers will present their Identification Badge on the day for
              verification. Overleaf are useful checklists to assist you in preparing for your appointments and the
              subsequent return of your vehicle.

Comment

Am I correct in thinking that I don't legally have to sign the collection forms when BCA come on Wednesday guys?*

Comment

Correct.

Read the paperwork carefully and if you aren't comfortable then don't sign but usually the wording tends to say that you agree with the report and agree to pay for any damages listed.

I don't see any reason why you can't sign the papers if there is an option to tick a box that says you don't agree with the findings, but make sure to get a copy or take a photo of i just in case they claim that you agreed.
                  If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
                  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                  LEGAL DISCLAIMER
                  Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Thanks Rob. very helpful as always. I will let you know how I get on later this week.

Comment

Car collected, I signed the ipad as there was no damage and nothing anywhere to say I was agreeing to any payments. Also added a note in customer comments saying no damage etc...everything as it should be. I await the excess mileage bill now and will go from there.

Comment

Ok, so I've received correspondence today from Audi in relation to the charges following my inspection.
                        There are no charges at all for any damage, just an excess mileage fee of £1622.03 however there is no mention the pence per mile charge or how many miles over they are asking me to pay for.
                        I'm going to send the letter from the template back to them querying it anyway and see where I go from there. But surely they should provide me with a breakdown?

Comment

I have had a look through the template on here but it doesn't telly up with the letter I have received from Audi, they are not mentioning any relating to the charges being pro rated etc they just say please find below a summary of your end of contract charges....I've put the letter below:

I was thinking of just emailing them saying can you send me a breakdown of the charges as I do not accept any additional charges as per the terms of the contract which state as long as 50% of the total value has been paid and the vehicle has been well looked after there is nothing more to pay.

Unless any of you guys here can advise me otherwise? Thanks as always for your help.
                          Attached Files

Comment

The templates are just that and won't cover every situation, if there's a specific template you want then feel free to message me and I will consider adding it in my own time. Otherwise there is already a plethora of template letters that I've posted on here that deal with end of contract charges if you do a search of the forum.

Also I've set out on page 11 of the VT Guide steps to take when you are in this kind of situation.
                            LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

Thanks rob, i've had a good read through the template.... So do you think at this point I should respond asking them to will respond asking them to show a breakdown of the excess mileage charge and where in my contract does it state that I would be liable to pay any charges?*

Something like this:

Dear ....

I am in receipt of your letter dated....where you have advised that there is an outstanding balance of £1622.03 for excess mileage. However there is no breakdown to the amount of mileage/evidence that the mileage is what you have invoiced. Also my understanding is that as long as my vehicle has been returned in a good state of repair (It is as there is no charge for any damages) and I have paid at least 50% of the total amount (I have paid much more than that) then there is no more due for payment.

I would also like to point out that I have never missed a payment and am also now in a new contract with VWFS for a brand new vehicle which I have recently received and paid a very large deposit for.*

Kind regards

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X