• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Voluntary Termination email response requested after already sending VT letter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voluntary Termination email response requested after already sending VT letter

Hi all,
    Have been reading everything and through the guide and just looking a check!
    I sent an email and recorded delivery letter form the template saying I wanted to VT and they had 14 days to collect the car, they have replied with an email asking me to reply as below
    I think this is a sneaky way of getting me to sign away my rights with the last line and do not want to reply.
    Am I right? I was thinking of a reply with the original letter attached again simply stating that I have already notified you of the termination with details of how to contact me to collect the vehicle. Do I need to add a line saying I do not confirm acceptance or agree to be bound??
    Many thanks in advance

Please confirm by return email that you wish to proceed with the Voluntary Termination. Within the email please confirm that you would like to go ahead with the Voluntary Termination, which handback option you would like to choose and provide an up to date contact telephone number.

By doing this, you also confirm that you have read the letter, Checklist and Wear and Tear Guide, and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions as set out there in.
    Please confirm by return email that you wish to proceed with the Voluntary Termination. Within the email please confirm that you would like to go ahead with the Voluntary Termination, which handback option you would like to choose and provide an up to date contact telephone number.

By doing this, you also confirm that you have read the letter, Checklist and Wear and Tear Guide, and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions as set out there in.

Tags: None

Do I need to add a line saying I do not confirm acceptance or agree to be bound??
    Sure, if that's what you want to say - simple response back saying you don't agree with their terms and are not legally required to do. You've already given notice of termination on X date and they should proceed on that basis.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Hi Rob,
      Thankyou, does it make sense to reply at all given I have sent the letter? Just trying to make sure I don't do something which may cause me an issue later on, I have also thought of emailing the original address rather than the one they want me to reply to or phoning with explanation that I have already given notice of termination as legally required and will not be replying as requested.
      I don't want to be rude or ignorant and am mindful of not wishing any responses to seem that way but want them to collect the car from my drive asap.The original letter gave 14 days fro the 6th feb
      Thanks again

Comment

quick update, stuck with this and claimed damage charges all removed and account closed

Comment

hi bomberfrog thanks for the info. did they carry on taking payments from you from the time you sent the termination letter until the car was picked up?
          thanks in advance

Comment

I sent the letter and cancelled the direct debit at the same time.
            I had 24 days until next payment so no danger of them saying I hadn't given enough notice as that was an extra week+ after the 14 days in the letter.
            Took them the full 2 weeks to send the assessor out, who tried to get me to sign I agreed with damages(I did not sign)
            I did concede to delivering the vehicle to the auction site just to make sure it was gone.
            I had pictures from when I bought the car which proved handy when disputing damage to alloys and a scratch, once I had sent those to them they closed the account after removing all charges.
            Big thanks to this site for giving me the know how and support to stick with it.

Comment

Thanks for the info. They have sent me an email today explaining they cant collect the car unless the ban is lifted (understandbly) but have requested I keep it insured

Comment

i recommend you read the stuff in the VT info pack carefully.
                Unusual times though, maybe ask Rob for an opinion?

Comment

yes I will do thanks bomberfrog

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X