• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Autobank trying to charge me for terminating

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autobank trying to charge me for terminating

Hi, I'm currently going through a issue with PSA (Autobank).

I terminated my contract last year with a phone call and email a few week later stating I wanted to legally surrender the vehicle which was a big mistake because I wanted to "terminate" as I was not in arrears with the company with more than 50% paid off the agreement.

Reason for termination was because I was moving to New Zealand and no longer needed the vehicle. I moved back to the UK and was applying for jobs which prompted me to check my credit file. I found out that there was around 2k of arrears from Autobank so I rang them to ask why and they stated that I had broken the agreement so the rest of the installment was to be paid. I said that I terminated the agreement by a phone call (twice) followed by a email then other follow up phone call? However, he did not agree and that I was not in my rights as no document was signed.

No recordings are provided because apparently they delete after 3 months and my email is not evidence because it states surrender and not terminate either.

I remembered calling the finance company twice (I had no idea how to terminate) and they asked for the location of the vehicle and that once the agents had picked the vehicle up the agreement was terminated. This action was not made and my account then fell into arrears. I then emailed the repossession team to state that I called in twice to terminate the vehicle once I emailed they also ignored that email. It's like the were purposely trying to mislead me. I'm not a lawyer they should be honest and tell me how to terminate legally on the first call instead of promising and letting the issue escalate.
    Last edited by KierenMR; 30th December 2019, 11:57:AM.
    Tags: None

Can someone help please*

Comment

They did collect the vehicle though? ( just checking )

1st step then is to send a Subject Acccess Request to Autobank asking for all data they hold on you. Write to PSA / Autobank -Subject Access Request Letter

The Data Controller,
      PSA Finance UK LTD t/as Autobank, Quadrant House, Princess Way, Redhill, Surrey, RH1 1QA.

That should get you all the details you need to go on to make a formal complaint which you can look at taking through the Ombudsman, and then, if needed the ICO for the false reporting on your credit file.

Does your Credit File just show late payments or a Default ?
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X