• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

VT'd my Audi with VWFS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VT'd my Audi with VWFS

Hi everyone.* Hoping for some advice.*
    I sent email and letter notification to VWFS on Friday 6/12/19 that I'd like to VT my agreement.* No problems there as I received an email response from them yesterday 9/12/19 confirming that my agreement had been terminated and I would be contacted by BCA to arrange inspection and collection.* BCA contacted me today with a link to arrange collection with the first available appointment being 6th January 2020!* I've booked in for this date but obviously don't want the car sat on my drive for nearly a month!
    Questions I have are:
    How long is reasonable for them to collect?
    Can I reasonably charge VWFS for storage of the vehicle until collection as I would have expected to have the vehicle gone by the end of the year?* If I am to do this, or at least threaten this, what figure should I be quoting?
    Can I transfer ownership now via the V5C document (if I contact BCA to determine who the registered keeper is now)

Thanks in advance
    Tags: None

Hi
    I just joined 5 minutes ago and am planning to VT my agreement with VWFS for an Audi today or tomorrow.* I imagine I will encounter the exact same problem.* But surely there is more? I am planning to buy a new BMW and need to transfer my insurance etc.* There are issues with a SORN I imagine while waiting.* ROBBO21982 maybe will have the same issues?
    I don't mean to hijack but I think maybe we are in nearly the same situation.
    Thanks!

Comment

I'll be sending that email on Friday 13th. Good to hear you got a prompt termination response.

A full month seems a long time to expect you to keep ownership.I was told 7-10 working days when I enquired about the process.

Comment

Maybe they shut down between Xmas and New Year. In which case you are talking 3-4 weeks from notification to collection. BCA are not known for being particularly quick, or efficient, but I think trying to claim for storage may be a challenging process.* AFAIK it is still your responsibility to keep the car taxed and insured until it is collected. You could try to argue that 6th of Jan collection is an unreasonable wait, but given the time of year....

Comment

Quick update - I received a letter to confirm that the agreement has now been terminated. It noted a shortfall (to get me to 50%) of £3.06. I called today to pay this amount and the advisor wrote it off as it would 'be more hassle to take the payment'. I've had him email me confirmation that it has been written off. During the conversation I had a moan about the length of time before the vehicle would be collected. He advised that I am still ok to drive the vehicle until it is collected, which was also confirmed in email (not that I will be driving it anyway). I've got a sneaky suspicion I'm going to have some problems further down the line with either the payment write off or the fact they will claim I've been driving the vehicle after the agreement has ended. Will update in January once the vehicle has been collected.

Comment

Hi*ROBBO21982,

I am doing the same thing as well with my AUDI and they came back to me saying I should fill the the following table and read the pack attached.
            Name:
            Agreement Number:
            Registration Number:
            Contact number:
            Alternative contact number: *
            Email address:
            Will the vehicle be collected from the address we currently hold on our system?
            If no, please specify the collection address:
            Yes / No
            Please confirm that there is a valid MOT certification, road Tax and Insurance for the vehicle:
            Yes / No
            Reason for Voluntary termination request:
            I confirm that I have read the Voluntary Termination Information pack enclosed and understand that termination is irreversible and there is no option to reinstate my agreement or keep my vehicle.
            Yes / No

Did you have to do the same?
            Attached Files

Comment

petrolhead*, no I didn't have anything to fill in.* I sent the template letter that R0b has kindly provided via email and post.* Even if they had sent me the pack, I'd have ignored it anyway.*

Comment

Collection made this morning.

1 scuffed alloy which showed as being zero charge.

Overall condition rating of "A".

I'll await VWFS's excess mileage charge invoice and then start the ball rolling on contesting them. They'll find it difficult to argue about the condition of the vehicle regarding excess mileage when it's got an A rated condition.

Will continue to update....

Comment

Invoice received from Audi/VWFS for excess mileage charges totalling £566.99.* Have amended the template letter in the pack and sent via email and recorded post.* Have pointed out to them that the vehicle has been returned in 'A' rated condition as per BVRLA fair wear and tear conditions with zero charges for damage and that excess mileage does not mean I have not taken care of the vehicle (which I have).* I'll await their response...

Comment

Originally posted by robbo21982 View Post
                    petrolhead, no I didn't have anything to fill in. I sent the template letter that R0b has kindly provided via email and post. Even if they had sent me the pack, I'd have ignored it anyway.
                    Hi there, do you have the email address/postal address that you used for this please? I’m doing mine in a couple of weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by robbo21982 View Post
                      Invoice received from Audi/VWFS for excess mileage charges totalling £566.99. Have amended the template letter in the pack and sent via email and recorded post. Have pointed out to them that the vehicle has been returned in 'A' rated condition as per BVRLA fair wear and tear conditions with zero charges for damage and that excess mileage does not mean I have not taken care of the vehicle (which I have). I'll await their response...
                      How are you getting on with this?

Comment

RedJohn2020*

I sent the letter to:

Audi Financial Services (UK) Ltd
                        One Delaware Drive
                        Tongwell
                        Milton Keynes
                        MK15 8HG
                        First class post and email to customerservices@vwfs.co.uk

At present Audi/VWFS are 'investigating my complaint'.* I received the following around 10 days ago and have heard nothing since:

Dear* xxxxxxxxx

Thank you for*contacting*Audi Financial Services*on xxxxxxxxxx, we acknowledge receipt of your complaint.

My name is xxxxxxxxxx and your complaint will be in*the care of my team. I will be assigning*one of my Executives*to investigate your complaint at the earliest opportunity.

The dedicated Executive*will be in touch to provide you with any*progress and may ask for further information to reach a conclusion to your complaint.

We aim to reach a resolution at the earliest opportunity, however will resolve your complaint within eight weeks.

Our opening hours are Monday – Friday 8am – 6pm.* If you wish to get in touch with us please see our contact details below.

Please also find a link to our Customer Concern Policy for your information*here.

We are committed to resolving any complaints and we thank you for providing us with the opportunity to put things right.

Yours sincerely

Customer Resolutions

Comment

Just had a call from VWFS's complaints department offering a 50% reduction in the excess mileage charge.* The person on the phone claims their terms are fully in line with the CCA so I questioned why they would offer a reduction if they believe their terms are watertight.* I also queried the sale of my vehicle at auction which they claim was less than the outstanding finance at the time of termination despite them sending me a statement showing they sold it for almost £1k more than the figure they claimed it sold for.* Have asked them to put their proposal in writing and I will respond accordingly.* R0b*any advice on where to go next?

Comment

Interesting! What letter did you send them querying their invoice?*

Comment

Originally posted by RedJohn2020 View Post
                              Interesting! What letter did you send them querying their invoice?
                              I amended the template letter in the VT pack which references the CCA.* I simply made it clear that excess mileage charges are not enforceable due to the VT.* They obviously know they're on a sticky wicket by offering the 50% reduction as an opening offer.* I won't be accepting anything other than them writing off the full amount though.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X