• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mileage and Damage charges on VT please help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mileage and Damage charges on VT please help

Hi there im new on this site and just looking for some advice. I can see a lot of people have written in about VT and charges.
    I recently VT'd my car with Vauxhall finance (used to be GMC). It was collected on Sept 18th and taken away. The man who inspected it told me that the damages would be under £500 and that as a Vauxhall customer I am covered for damages for a minimum of £500, which I replied I was unaware of this and he insisted that I would not be charged. I received a letter stating that I owed the company £364,79 for damages and £2,547.02 for excess mile charges. Excess miles at 9p per mile.I must highlight that upon purchasing my car, nearly 4 years ago now, I was a bit nieve as to how it all worked and wasn't overly aware of the miles and what was set as my limit. it wasn't overly explained and brushed over. I was informed by friends after purchasing the car that excess mileage charges could occur so I went into the garage twice to ask about this and I was told both times that I didn't have to worry and I wouldn't be charged as long as I was handing the car back and taking out a new one. So I used the template from this site to dispute the charges against myself. Today I received a very lengthy letter disputing my letter and stating a lot of things from the CCA that proves I am liable for these charges. I VT'd my car as my finances are difficult at this time so to have this amount hanging over my head is very stressful and worrying. Any help at all would be appreciated. I do realise that this is a large sum and I have exceeded my miles excessively due to travelling to university for 3 years, but it has been my own fault not investigating it properly. Many Thanks
    Tags: None

Hello

The position hasnt changed. You either pay up or dispute the charges. There are plenty of template responses you can use to adapt to your situation.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Thank you for that, I was just concerned as they have written a detailed letter constantly quoting the CCA, I just wouldn’t know how to address all of their points

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X