• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Brand New Car 300miles broken down

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brand New Car 300miles broken down

Hi I am looking for advice
    I had the car delivered on 1st September from a BMW dealership.
    Basically the car developed an error something to do with the drivetrain and high voltage battery.

I have only done 300miles and it developed the issue yesterday 16th September.

I’m not sure if i want the car with issues developing so soon.

it is on a PCP with BMW finance,

I have called and complained warning then i will reject the car or if they can supply me a brand new car again.

So currently it is at the garage being looked at and BMW said they will look into it,

I was wondering what i need to do to make sure i don’t lose my 30 day money back under the credit consumer act 2015!
    Tags: None

I believe that while they are looking to fix it the 30 days clock stops.

Comment

https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...ight-to-reject

Comment

If you have handover your car to them then the 30 days clock stops. If you have officially handover to legal showroom than don't worry, My friend got his Truck from ford there was a minor issue in that in voltage so they gave him a new truck to my friend now thats working great and he is using that for Long Distance Towing services.

Comment

I have spoken to BMW financial services, apparently if they can't reproduce the error, i might not be able to reject the car.
          Even the though the error is logged with the car and it has a history.

BMW financial services team has acknowledge my rejection of the car but they are being a bit weird about it, I don't know what to do to enforce the law upon them they seem to think they are in the right even though i can reject the repair, so why the delay?

I have sent dealership a letter of rejection explaining everything, and it is the second time in 30 days it has failed.

Comment

I'm not sure what exactly you have done
            "............I have called and complained warning then i will reject the car.........."
            "..........BMW financial services team has acknowledge my rejection of the car ,,,,,,,,,,"
            You have rejected the car or you have threatened to reject it?

The vehicle developed a fault on the 30th day after delivery.
            Did you actually reject the vehicle or ask them to look at it?
            If you asked for the vehicle to be examined, this could be interpreted as an implied request to have the vehicle repaired, and you will have lost your right to reject unless they fail to make the vehicle conform to contract.

If you did reject the vehicle it is for you to prove it did not conform to contract by reason of the fault i.e. you need to prove the fault was present when the vehicle was delivered

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X