• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

VT - Drop vehicle at a Dealer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VT - Drop vehicle at a Dealer?

Hello,

I have VT'd my Audi using the guidance and templates on this forum (thanks!) and on having this confirmed by VWFS, I am arranging with BCA for them to collect the vehicle. They have pushed me towards an online booking system, but the earliest date for collection is 8th October.

The problem I have is that I start a new job on 30th September and I cannot commit to being at home for them to collect so far in the future.

On speaking to BCA this afternoon, they said that the 8th October is the earliest date and have suggested that my local Audi dealer might accept the vehicle sooner and BCA would then arrange with them to inspect and collect the vehicle at some point.

Has anyone done this? Is this something I should do? What steps should I take and what are the risks? I've not spoken to the dealer as yet.

Thanks.
    Tags: None

I had similar experience with Audi. I had the added advantage that I had ordered a new car from the same Audi dealer as suggested as a drop off for BCA to inspect and collect.

All was arranged with BCA ,and Audi dealer took vehicle with keys etc and said they would even ensure that it was locked away inside workshop overnight.

However, BCA failed to turn up on the appointed date, so I had to rearrange with them and the soonest they could do was two weeks later. After the inspection in the morning they told the Audi dealer they'd be back later that day to collect the car. They never showed up!

I had made numerous phone calls to BCA and in fairness to my local dealer they helped as much as they could, but the arrangements were between BCA and VW/Audi Finance so there was only so much they could do. In the end I gave up chasing BCA and just hoped that the collection was sorted.

To cap it all off BCA then never sent me a copy of the inspection report ( one scratched alloy was the only damage charged for). I was expecting this so didnt challenge it.

Subsequently I complained in writing to both BCA and VW/Audi finance. VW/Audi said my complaint was going to be dealt with by BCA as it was nothing to do with them ( despite BCA acting as their agents) and BCA failed to respond at all.

In summary - BCA are , in my opinion, hopeless and I wouldnt trust them to complete the simplest of instructions.

To mitigate against this I would get BCA to put everything in writing to you so you are covered with VW/Audi finance should anything go wrong. Take lots of pictures / video of the vehicle when you drop it off at Audi dealer and as you won't be there to disagree with inspectors report. If possible keep chasing BCA on the dates arranged to ensure all happens as planned ( I couldn't as I was in hospital at the time). Insist on seeing a copy of the report and have no delay in challenging anything you disagree with.

Finally, I was advised by my dealer NOT to cancel my direct debit with the old car. This is not in line with advise otherwise given in this site. When all finally calculated I was credited for one months payments, and because I had an active direct debit agreement in place it was easy for them to put the money back into my bank account.

If it wasnt for BCA's incompetence everything would have run smoothly and I found VW/Audi Finance easy to deal with and efficient. It must be said that I had looked after the car very well and was well within the contractually agreed mileage so I was never expecting any issues.

I'd be interested to hear how you get on

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X