• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Logbook loan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logbook loan

Hi ..
    I do a bit of trading in my spare time with cars and vans and put a post on Facebook 'cars and vans wanted to buy dead or alive " and a friend who I've known for a few years but not seen for a while inboxed me with a car he wanted to sell.. It was a Hyundai Veloster in black with a rear end shunt wich hadn't gone through insurance .. and been sat with no mot for a long period of time with knackered tyres and brakes all round and in a bit of a sorry unloved state .. so I offered bare minimum to take it off his hands.. to wich he was grateful for because apparently he needed the drive space. . So agreed to collect the car the following day on my recovery truck with the cash that we'd agreed on.
    got to the car and assessed damage.. said a guy went into the back of him and he didn't go through insurance bladyblah etc etc..Bought the car from London a few years ago for 4k.. and I got it for what I thought was a steal at only 500 pound, got the logbook etc ..gave him the cash loaded the car and headed home chuffed and looking forward to start work on the car.
    anyway , booked car in to repaired .. done the brakes and tyres, had the wheels powdercoated, given it a full valet in and out and a mop and now car looks superb and thought for what I paid for it I'll keep this one.. all in all owed me 1400 pound.
    now here's the nasty part... my brother kept getting on to me to do a hpi check on it because he said it was too cheap.. so one night after work I did a 16 pound check and to my horror it came back with a logbook loan taken out in 2017 and a category D write off repaired in 2016... bummer!!!
    what legal grounds do I stand on as I bought car in good faith and therefore now have good title of the car?
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X