• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Voluntary Termination/VT Damage Issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voluntary Termination/VT Damage Issues

Good Morning Everyone

I have read all the previous threats on VT damages but my circumstances are slightly different so thought I'd ask here.

Due to me being given a car, I decided to VT my Nissan Juke as I had paid well over the half required and did not want to continue paying the £250 a month. I contacted them and they were less than helpful. I emailed them back and forth and they wanted £192 to collect the car. Their nearest Manheim Auctions was 2.5 hours away so decided the easiest option was to have it collected. They clearly stated in their terms and conditions the vehicle collection fee MUST be paid prior to collection. So the recovery agent called to arrange collection at the end of March. As I had just paid the monthly payment collection was arranged for 2 days prior to the next payment due so I would not have to pay a further month. I queried the collection fee with the recovery agent and was told no payment was required for them.

So the day of collection arrived (4 weeks later). No one from the finance company contacted me at all during this time to collect payment. I never agreed to pay any fees, just asked for the vehicle to be collected. I again queried this with the recovery company who still stated no payment was required.

Now.....this is where it gets a bit interesting. On the day of collection they turned up, did the paperwork, took the keys. Now I don't recall signing any paperwork for the finance company. They then DROVE the car from my house to Manheim auctions, a 2.5-hour drive away. Was not put on a recovery truck. They asked me where the nearest petrol station was and having just spoken to the recovery agent confirmed it was driven all the way there. He commented about how good a condition it was in. Now...... no checks were done on the vehicle whilst it was on my driveway, nor did any photos get taken by them. They just drove it to Colchester where the damage appraisal was done.

So their report states my 6-year-old car has £1800 of cosmetic damage. Even now the recovery agent commented on how good condition the car was in and he drove it back!

So what I'm hoping someone can advise is-
    Can they assume I'm responsible for damage when the car was driven for 2.5 hours after it left my possession?
    Can they charge me a collection fee which I didn't agree to and in there T's&C's states MUST be paid prior to collection?

I have raised a complaint but not really sure what to do now?
    Any advice you can offer would be gratefully appreciated. I feel like a duck in a very big pond right now.

Thanks

Mandy x

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X