• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

VT Issue - Jaguar Finance - Advice required

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VT Issue - Jaguar Finance - Advice required

Hi,

I am currently trying to VT my 2013 Jaguar XF that I have had been paying for over 3 years out of a 4 year agreement. I have sent Jaguar a letter using one of the templates on this site and I got a written response as expected saying If i wish to proceed I needed to fill in the paperwork they included. The paperwork stated I would liable to excess mileage (which is only 500miles over the agreed amount) and also for them to pick up the vehicle it would be £75. I replied with another letter using a template on this site disputing the need for me to sign the paperwork sent and and paying extra to have the vehicle collected. I had originally asked for the VT to come into effect from 26/04/19 and in my second letter gave them a further 2 weeks in which to collect the vehicle upto 10/05/19. At the moment I have cancelled my direct debit to pay for the vehicle, allthough the car is still taxed and insured. I had advised Jaguar that after 10/05/19 I would stop the insurance and tax and inform DVLA that Jaguar are now the registered keeper. I have not recieved any written reply to my second letter even though I did ask for any response to be in writing. I have had a missed call and voicemail from Jaguar finance on 25/04/19 asking me to call them, but I dont want to get bullied or talked into anything over the phone so I haven't phoned them back. Can anyone advise as to what I should do next, I have refused to sign the paperwork they sent me, but have told them in 2 letters that the VT would commence from 26/04/19 and the car needs to be collected by 10/05/19, I feel I have been reasonable but I am a bit worried that it is approaching 10/05/19 and I haven't received anything from them. I am just wondering where I will stand legally if come 10/05/19 and I go through with my threat stopping the insurance and tax.
    Tags: r0b

Hello

I'm not going to go into detail because there is sufficient information on this forum and on the VT guide to answer your questions. In short, your liability is capped at 50% of the total price payable and that's that. The only deviation from that is if you have failed to take reasonable care of the car and the onus is on the lender to prove that the excess mileage caused damage to the vehicle.

Nobody here is going to tell you what you should do because it's your decision to make. We can only present our views but it is up to you to go away and consider whether you want to follow that path and defend your position, or simply pay up the agreed (or reduced) amount.

I can't see any reason why you can't call Jaguar and tell them all correspondence moving forward should be put in writing for records purposes. You don't need to engage with them other than that and if they want to discuss it over the phone, then you simply repeat yourself and then tell them you are going to hang up. If you are so scared of calling them, why don't you write to them instead and explain you've received a call with a voicemail asking to call but given that there is a dispute you prefer to keep things in writing so they should correspond by letter or email whatever your preference is.

As long as you can document the steps you've taken, that's all you can do. It doesn't put Jaguar in any good standing if they've chosen to ignore you and will just make them look silly.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X