• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCH lease cancelled within 24 hours, broker wants £500 cancellation fee

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCH lease cancelled within 24 hours, broker wants £500 cancellation fee

hi, on monday i saw a great deal on PCH on a car i had been looking at for a while, filled in the online form. spoke to the broker and agreed terms. the car was in stock and pre registered.

he sent me the online order form, which i signed and sent back. the order was accepted.

after signing this, the same day i was given some news about my living arrangement, which now means a car would not be viable.

i rang up the broker to cancel the order as soon as i could on the tuesday, to which the broker said ok can you send me your reason in writing.

they are now requesting a £500 cancellation fee, which IS on the order form which i signed. but i feel is unfair given how soon i cancelled.

i also feel that the amount of work done on their part does not justify £500, as i am sure that is what they will claim the fee is for. the car was ready and waiting, and the finance sorted in 2 hours.

do i have a leg to stand on?

thanks
    Tags: None

I believe you have a 14-day right of cancellation where credit broking contracts are entered into as distance contracts, for example online.
    You could make a complaint to FoS https://www.financial-ombudsman.org....complaints.htm

Other comments welcomed!

Comment

I think this is different for cars purchased from a dealer and signed for on the premises. I don't think you have the right to cancel the contract.

Comment

I've just reread the post and noticed you have done it all online and off the dealers premises, with that being the case, then distance selling rules apply and you have the 14 day protection. The dealer should provide you with details of their cancellation policy and I think (but not sure) that the 14 days start from the day you receive the goods, not the day you signed for them.

https://www.allvehiclecontracts.co.u...ract-Hire.html
        Above page explains better than me.
        Last edited by Jinxer; 4th May 2019, 22:27:PM. Reason: to add link

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X