• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

VT with RCI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VT with RCI

Hi all

Just looking to a bit of advice on the process of my VT with RCI. I have sent them a signed letter (using the template on here) and also emailed a copy to the VT team to advise notice of my termination of my agreement effective immediately.

I have paid over the 50% required and had a couple of bodywork issues repaired so I know the car is in excellent condition. I work out that I am also within my mileage allowance as well.

Whats the best way to play it from here? I am going to contact them to ensure my notice had been received. Of
    course they will go down the whole line of telling me I have to sign forms etc, obviously I am not going to.

The car is insured until 6th May and I’m not willing to extend any longer. Am I right to inform them of that and if the car isn’t collected by then, I will inform DVLA I am no longer owner and responsibility is up to them?

Also so my next direct debit for the car is due end of this month. I was planning to advise them I am going to cancel my direct debit so no further payments are taken. Is this the right route to go?
    ​​​
    rob or anyone else is able to offer advice if that is the best way to do it, it would be appreciated
    Tags: None

I realised I put the wrong tag in the post above and meant to tag R0b

Comment

Just an update on my experience so far. Called RCI a couple of days after sending my letter and they confirmed it had been received, agreement terminated and my details passed to Manheim.

After a couple calls to RCI and Manheim last week, car was booked in for collection today. Inspector said the car was in excellent condition, no damages noted and that finance company might even decide to put it back out on finance due to good condition. Got a copy of the report (didn’t sign it, which was no problem) and chap was on his way with the car. I’ve already cancelled my DD. It’s all been fairly straightforward so far and hopefully this is the end of it.

Only thing is In amongst all this I received the termination pack from RCI last Friday and as I had the car booked in for collection at the time and it’s now since been collected, I haven’t done anything with it. Am I as well just leaving rather than bothering to send it back now (unsigned of course) maybe someone or R0b can advise?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X