• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

VT - Excess mileage dispute outcomes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VT - Excess mileage dispute outcomes

I have been perusing these boards occasionally since deciding to VT in November. The car finance company are continually requesting payment albeit sending all communication to an old address.
    The reason for starting a new thread is really to enquire why so many threads of these nature go cold. Surly there are only 3 possible outcomes;
    • Paying up
    • The car finance company handing to a debt collector
    • The car finance company pursuing legal action
    So, for all the threads that simply go cold, how are the disputes ending?
    For me the choice is quite simple. I am not willing to go to court or have my credit rating ruined. If any of these become likely I will pay. HOWEVER the following advice states categorically that the car finance company will not take legal action to recover excess mileage. >>>

https://www.thecarexpert.co.uk/car-f...2/#mileagesays

My preferred outcomes are the finance company gives up and goes cold or it’s passed to an agent to recover (who I can wilfully ignore).
    Tags: None

R0b - The finance company have taken the first steps in passing the responsible to a debt recovery company. The problem is though that this company has written to an old address, one which I changed with the finance company in December, have requested it to be changed twice again recently and have received an email from them stating categorically that the address has been updated.
    Are they in breach of GDPR as they are still sending letters to the old address and have now instructed a 3rd party company to do the same?

If you are able to point me to the relevant sections of the GDPR to quote I would be grateful. I know the fines they can get for breaching this are significant.
    If there are grounds I will complain again to the finance company and likely escalate to the ombudsman.

Cheers

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X