• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Barclays Premier Finance charges after handing car back

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclays Premier Finance charges after handing car back

Hi, I was hoping someone could offer me some advice about charges once my car was sold. I had a car on PCP finance with Barclays Premier Finance which ended in December. They came and collected my car (no inspection or anything signed) and I heard nothing more (other than me calling them and being told I owed them nothing and my account was closed). A couple of days ago I received a letter stating that I owed them £850 and my car has been sold on. The letter says

‘£875 (the element of the shortfall between the sale price realised at auction and the CAP (market) average valuation at the time of auction which is attributable solely to the condition of the vehicle or due to prior breach of the terms and conditions of the agreement by yourself)’

The car was in great condition, no scratches/dints, perfect alloys, fully cleaned and valeted. What would you do now? I’ve called them and go no sense from the man in the call centre, just kept saying I have to pay it!! Surely if I didn’t sign anything when they collected the car then I could claim the ‘damage’ was done by them?

Thanks for for your advice,
    Pollie
    Tags: None

Hi, I will shortly be going through the same with them I imagine.

i took my car to auction house and no checks were done in my presece (it took them nearly two weeks to inspect the car)

i would follow template letters. Ask for a breakdown of charges first, then when you have them deny the damage was caused by you(if this is the case). This is where hopefully you have your own photos to send them to prove the condition of the car when it was collected.

Obviosuly this is my own advice and my plan of action, but do read the template letters and the forum advice by Rob for fighting these charges.

good luck!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X