• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Trapped into PCP as Car Unrepairable

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trapped into PCP as Car Unrepairable

I have a 48 month PCP with Mercedes Benz Finance for my SLK.

I reached 3 years last September (2018) and decided to Voluntary Terminate as I had paid back half of the vehicle cost. In preparing the car for return I realised at the time there was a crack in the glass on the roof - the roof is not panoramic but does have glass all the same (go figure).

The only repair for this is to replace the entire roof at £3k. OK, so insurance claim required. I made the claim, the insurance agreed and the the local dealership L&L Automotive in Stevenage placed an order with Mercedes Benz for a new roof. Nearly 5 months later there is no indication of when the roof will arrive, if ever, and the dealership is left with having to say to me time and again the phrase "it's been escalated to the highest level".

So I'm left with a car I wanted to return last September and Mercedes Benz failing to provide a replacement part - a part that can only come from them.

I've come to the end of my tether with this - the dealership themselves cannot do anything. I even offered to have a new Mercedes in exchange for the SLK but they refused - they obviously didn't want to take on this problem and to be honest, I don't actually ever want a Mercedes again.

My intention now is to terminate the agreement under section 99 of the Consumer Credit agreement, refuse to sign any paperwork Mercedes might ask of me and then fight the finance company in court if (when) they attempt to bill me for the damaged roof. I think I may well at this point take them to court to reclaim the PCP payments made since September as I have, in fact been trying to do the right and responsible thing all along only to be consistently failed by the manufacturer.

I need some legal advice on this. Does anyone else have a similar experience and can anyone recommend a solicitor?

Thanks

James
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X