• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Vauxhall finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vauxhall finance

Hi,

Does anyone know the email address for Vauxhall finance?
    i have trawled their website and there are plenty of emails for various departments but surprisingly enough not for finance

Check your finance agreement and see if there is anything in there for an email.

I can't find a general customer service email address but there is a complaints email address GBCAR-CSC-Complaints@vauxhallfinance.com

You would be wise sending the letter by email and post to cover your own back.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

any use: https://rocketreach.co/GM-Financial-email-format_7466

Comment

I sent my letter recorded three days ago, I’ve just received a call today from Vauxhall finance stating. I owe £199 from the gap insurance and they will be charging me £80 to collect the car or I can take the car to a auction house in Manchester. I told the lady I won’t be paying anything for them to collect. As a token of good will I would be willing to take the car to a Vauxhall dealer but they have no legal right to charge me for collection. As for the gap insurance, I know I said no to that so the salesman added it without my consent. But if that was added and I haven’t made any extra payments via direct debit then doesn’t that mean it was included in the original loan?

Comment

I have recieved a lettter from Vauxhall finance asking me to sign and return. On reading the back it completely changes the T&C’s. They’ve added more detailed damage conditions that makes me liable for even the smallest amount of damage. They are also claiming the gap insurance is seperate and as such I am liable to pay, and they highlighted where I had signed for it. Their mistake is sending me the invoice which I had originally lost. Now I have a copy, now I have the evidence that shows they’ve added gap insurance into the total price payable. So I am going to send the letters back, after I’ve copied the invoice of course, unsigned with my own pieces of highlighted content. I have printed the web page from Vauxhall finance which shows exactly what I’ve paid and have highlighted all the relevant information to make it easier for them.

Comment

I would be interested to see the invoice you refer to and how Vauxhall have incorporated the GAP insurance into the total price. Would you mind sharing a redacted version of the document and uploading it on here?
            If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
            - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
            LEGAL DISCLAIMER
            Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

R0b can you have a read of the two posts above? Am I doing the right thing? I’m up for a fight but I would like to know if I’m on solid ground before I send all the content back

Comment

Sorry R0b I’ve only just seen the reply. I am struggling to post the documents the page says it’s the wrong dimentions.

Comment

Can you take a photo or screenshot of the document and upload as a photo? If you are already doing that, it might be the resolution of the photo that could prevent it from being uploaded. You could email Amethyst the document to Amethyst@legalbeagles.info

Is it the GAP insurance only and the collection fee that is in dispute?
                  LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

admin@legalbeagles.info would be better - happy to sort it out for you xxx If you are doing a photo on your phone, sometimes they are high res and too big to upload, so you want to take a pic and then screenshot the pic on your phone, and upload the screenshot - it's still normally fine quality to read xxx
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

R0b at the moment it’s the gap and the collection fee that’s in dispute. I have offered to take the car to my local Vauxhall dealer as the approaved auction house they want me to go to is 20 miles away. They said no to this stating the collection fee would still need paying from the dealership.

Comment

R0b so ive just received a call from Vauxhall basically saying I am refusing to give them thier car back because they are under no obligation to pick up the vehicle nor do they have any liability toward any cost I may incur because 22 miles is reasonable mileage

Comment

When you VT your agreement the 50% rule is engaged and acts as a limitation of liability - It's not a limitation of liability and then some. The collection fee is an additional cost on top of your 50% liability so the charge is void because it imposes additional liability on you beyond the protection of the liability cap. By the same token, driving the car to an auction house also incurs a cost to you such as fuel, time and expense of getting back. Again, this is not allowed by virtue of Section 173 of the Consumer Credit Act. The issue of reasonableness doesn't come into it, the question is whether the driving of the car would incur an additional cost and if the answer is yes, then the obligation is void.

Whether you want to hold your ground and not drive the car 22 miles is entirely up to you but I think the legal position is clear; you have a cap of 50% and you do not have to exceed it, irrespective of what anyone says or threatens you to do.

The fact that you are refusing to drive the car to the auction house is not the same as refusing to give Vauxhall their car back. That just sounds like someone who is trying to be clever with you. As long as you are making it clear that the car is available to collect then that's all that is required from you and nothing more. If Vauxhall refuse to collect their own car then that's on them and not you.

Following termination with the car in your possession, you are known as an involuntary bailee i.e. a person who unwillingly has someone else's goods in their possession. You are entitled, by law, to notify the owner of those goods to collect them within a reasonable period of time and, if they ignore you or refuse to collect the goods, you can sell the goods and return the proceeds back to the owner less any cost and expense on your part.

If the car is sitting on your driveway and you no longer authorise it to be on there, you could also charge them a storage fee until such time the car is removed. The likelihood is that you would probably need to take Vauxhall to court to recover those amounts as I would imagine they would probably
                            dispute your claim.

Anyway, enough rant over, there is a template letter you can send them (click here) and fill in the gaps. Suggest you send it by email to Vauxhall and by post too if necessary. Usually that tends to give lenders a kick up the backside and make arrangements to come pick it up. If they don't and stick to their guns, you have a lawful defence if they try to sue you for mishandling the car.
                            LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

Regarding the GAP insurance:
                              This is a policy issued to you, which the finance company have paid on your behalf.
                              Only you can cancel it, and obtain any return of premium which may be due.
                              Not all insurers allow a return on cancellation of this type of policy.
                              This is the one instance in which the finance company are probably correct in claiming the insurance is a separate contract, altho' I am aware others have different opinions!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X