• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Another issue with VT - sorry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another issue with VT - sorry

I've searched a bit online for the answer to this but can't find any recent posts with VW Finance and VT so hopefully someone on here can assist or offer some first hand knowledge.

Basically after VT'ing my VW end of last year, they hit me with a £1100 excess mileage charge and £300 repair bill. Now I'm not arguing with them about the damage, it was there so that's fair.

My argument is that I was never informed at point of sale about minimum mileage on the car, neither through the initial sale (which actually happened during a childs birthday party being held at the garage) or being handed over. The salesman put through all the details through and gave me a monthly price. At time of hand over, again their was no mention of mileage per year or charges for excess mileage. He also knew where I lived and worked and as such, knew fine well the distance I was travelling (it was the 4th car I'd bought off of him).

So I put in a complaint regarding it and got a phone call back about a fortnight later saying they had investigated my complaint (strange since nobody actually talked to me about my version of events or what the complaint was based on) and that I was liable because the dealership say they always take each customer through the terms and conditions prior to sale and since the finance company weren't there, they can only go on what has been signed and as such, I'm liable.

Now my point is, how long would each handover be if the salesman goes through all the T&C's prior to signing? Short answer, hours and as such, how can they have gone through them since it takes 10 minutes tops.

Basically the "case manager" I was assigned had decided her answer when it hit her desk and I'm not even confident she even phoned the dealer and I was getting the brush off.

What do you think my best next steps would be as I'm pretty much not paying it.

The "best" bit is that prior to getting rid of that car, I bought another VW and guess what, absolutely no mention of limited mileage or excess mileage during that sale either and it was a different salesman than previous.
    Tags: None

Forgot to say, it’s a pcp deal as well

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X