• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Audi Finance Voluntary Termination issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks rob

Comment

remlap1440 - I'm likely going to be in a similar situation with Audi who have just sent their initial invoice with excess mileage fees and I'm also in Scotland. Hopefully it all works out in your favour. It would be great if you could keep the thread updated.

Thanks,
      Grant

Comment

Originally posted by remlap1440 View Post
        Thanks rob
        What is the latest from Audi on your side? I sent them an initial response in February to which they have not responded and sent another demand letter.

Comment

rob Thanks for providing the materials, I've lodged a complaint against VWFS with the Ombudsmen today.

Comment

grantor Hi sorry about the delay, I have not had a chance to get on in while. The most recent update is that AUDI have stopped harassing us for the money while it is at the ombudsman. We received a letter 3 weeks ago from the ombudsman telling us that there was a delay in investigating the case. I think this may be down to a recent case that was overturned in court against the finance company. Other than that not a lot has happened. When I get anything further I will post it up.

Comment

Originally posted by remlap1440 View Post
              grantor Hi sorry about the delay, I have not had a chance to get on in while. The most recent update is that AUDI have stopped harassing us for the money while it is at the ombudsman. We received a letter 3 weeks ago from the ombudsman telling us that there was a delay in investigating the case. I think this may be down to a recent case that was overturned in court against the finance company. Other than that not a lot has happened. When I get anything further I will post it up.
              Any more information on the case that was overturned? I,m just preparing to send my complaint against VWFS to the Ombudsmen.

Comment

Jenson M I don't i'm afraid. I cannot remember exactly where I had read it either. I did get this update through the post stating that they are still investigating and "we're currently looking at how we handle these cases in light of the complexities around the charges" which I am assuming may be to do with the case.

Dear Mr

Mrs complaint about Volkswagen Financial Services (UK) Limited (trading
                as Audi Financial Services) i'm writing to update you about Mrs complaint and explain why we haven't yet
                given you an answer. I'm sorry you're still waiting.

We've got a number of complaints like this, involving charges associated with voluntary
                termination of an agreement. And we're currently looking at how we handle these cases in
                light of the complexities around the charges. This is an evolving area, and we're exploring
                what these developments mean to the individual cases we've received.

It's important that we do this so we can make sure we're resolving these cases in a fair and consistent way.

We know this complaint is important to Mrs - and we'll be looking to progress the
                case as quickly as possible.

While we can't make any promises about timescales, we'll be in touch with an update
                within three months, or when we're ready to take the complaint forward , if that's sooner.
                In the meantime, please tell us if Mrs circumstances change sign significantly or
                something happens that could affect the complaint.

And if you have any questions, would like this letter in a different format or require any
                adjustments with the way we communicate with you , please give us a call on 0300 123
                9123 or 0800 023 4567.

You can also email:
                casework_ DP03@financial-ombudsman.org . uk.

Yours sincerely

Sarah Conway

ombudsman leader

Comment

Thanks for the update.

It's been some time since the FOS has been looking into this, have they given any timescale into making a decision?

Seem to be taking an awfully long time
                  If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
                  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                  LEGAL DISCLAIMER
                  Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by R0b View Post
                    Thanks for the update.

It's been some time since the FOS has been looking into this, have they given any timescale into making a decision?

Seem to be taking an awfully long time

rob I'm afraid not. Only that they will write again in 3 months time. It has been going on for about 6 months now with no end in sight.
                    Do you know if there is any limitation on timescales for both the FOS and/or Audi claiming the "outstanding balance"?

Comment

For Audi, it will be 6 years from the date it became due. Not aware of any timescales for the FOS in terms of making a decision but it would't surprise me if it didn't come earlier than 12 months.
                      If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
                      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
                      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Another letter in from the ombudsman today.

Just a standard letter stating they are still investigating "a number of other similar complaints" and will be in touch in another 3 months or sooner with an update.

Comment

rob*Jenson M*grantor* **

Some positive steps now. They have “offered” to kindly waive the excess mileage. However they have still to address the rest of my points. I will need to read through all my notes again, but right now I’m thinking of pressing them for more.

We will see. Scan 24 Mar 2020.pdf ​

Comment

Good news, finally!

What other points are you looking to press? I think at the very least, you should press for additional form of compensation especially if they have added an adverse entry to your credit file because that has been a detriment to you whilst this saga has been ongoing. Why is it ok for them to tarnish your credit file for such a long period of time yet not be held accountable for it?

Thing is you are in a catch 22 here because accepting the FOS decision is a final remedy and you can't litigate on the same thing that has already been dealt with. Equally, at the same time you would need to issue legal proceedings and take matters to court for additional compensation as a result of your credit file but without any finality or assurance.

It looks like this is the investigator's decision which means you should still have a right to get an Ombudsman decision on this. Perhaps you should press them on the other points and if not satisfied then ask for a final decision by an Ombudsman and see what the outcome is, particularly around compensation.
                            LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

R0b*I have uploaded a draft copy of what I am thinking of sending them. The main points are that this offer only settles the millage and not the "refurbishment costs" until this is done I don't see how I can accept it. Also I am looking for some form or compensation from them. As we have been stressed out with this. I think I will remove the part about the two different inspection reports as I don't feel that I will get anywhere with this. Could you have a wee look over the letter and give me any thoughts you might have.
                              Thanks again you have been a star
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by remlap1440; 26th March 2020, 14:40:PM.

Comment

Hi sorry I've missed this, I take it you've sent it off already?
                                LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X