• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Audi voluntary termination- advice before pursuing process

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi voluntary termination- advice before pursuing process

Hi rob and co, I wanted to ask a few questions please, and would warrant your advice if you wouldn't mind.

I am currently in a 4 year PCP with Audi Finance- With my mileage and commute increasing, plus the want to own a vehicle after a set period, rather than pay a large balloon,

I am looking into Voluntary Termination- Audi have sent the pack through, and I am considering next steps:

1) I've seen all the templates and fantastic guides you have put together. My concern is the stress if Audi do take me to court, over this. I saw the updated VT letter, if Audi charge me 'x' fees, from December. Thank you for that- all downloaded along with the consultation letter.

2) Will finance affect my ability to take out a loan? If so, do I have to cancel the finance and settle, so that my 'record' is clear before getting a loan? If so I'll be carless so a little concerned about this.

3) Audi's wear and tear guide is a grey area- i've had a look at various sections such as Alloy wheel scuffs- the picture in the guide is blurry itself! Any ideas on past experiences from anyone with Audi? It's only got scuffs, not actual cracks, but one wheel is more than 50% scuffed.

4) My car is on 8k a year, approaching end of year 3 (24k allowance). I have so far done around 22.5k and should be liable for around £250 in excess mileage charges, based on Audi's interpretation of the ruling. I revert to point 1 RE being taken to court. Is there good legal options out there? Chances of winning in court? Won't fees incurred from legal advice/representation effectively cost the same as paying a termination of say £500 (any damage and alloys)?

5) Car has a mark on the rear- nothing big, however can you agree to paying the marks and damage on the car, but not the excess mileage?

Any help warranted- I have read all the relevant threads I believe.

Let's hypothetically say the fees are £500- is it worth all the aggravation to go through this process?

Thanks

Sam
    Tags: None

Whether you want to avoid the hassle and aggravation is up to you. Some people dont pay out of principle and some pay up if the amount is considered nominal. Only you can decided that.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X