• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Car Rejection - Clydesdale Bank - Faulty Car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Rejection - Clydesdale Bank - Faulty Car

Hey there, I've read with great interest the various journeys some have had here trying to reject their cars, and im encouraged by the responces, with hope, in my own situation.

I bought a car at the end of July 2017, using Cydesdale Bank HP.

Early in April 2018, It had a fault which made it dangerous to drive, and so it was recovered to the most local Official Main Dealer.

Over the following 6 months, after 5 attempts, each time the Main Dealer insisting it was fixed, it is still faulty. This work was conducted under the supplied warranty.

I contacted the Bank (by recorded post) to reject the car, citing that I've given enough chances for it to be fixed, its still not fixed, and with no clear idea what is wrong with it, I want to reject it back to the vendor.

The Bank read through all my emails, and evidence of the events, had their legal department look at it, then contacted the Vendor to discuss a rejection.

They declined, stating they had checked the car thoroughly before it left, and it wasn't faulty.

I pointed out to them, that the checks they did were ony visual checks, and as such would not have found the fault.

I also pointed out that the same Manufacturer Delearship had attempted to fix it 5 times and failed, again, highlighting how difficult the problem is to find, and thus negating their arguement that a cursory 1/2 minute visual check would've ruled out all faults on the system.

The Bank have now gone back to their legal department, and I assume will go back to the Vendor in due course.

I anticipate further resistance, and rationalle for not accepting the rejection, but Id like opinions on where you think I stand with it, and any further nuggets of information which might hlep me.

I have pointed out their responsability under the Act (Consumer Rights), I haven't yet mentioned the 14 Days, as this is specifically for once they have accepted the rejection. I have made them aware that if they continue to make poor efforts to resolve, I shall report it to the ombudsman for assessment, as in my opinion, they would have not treated me fairly.

I have had advice from the Citizens Advice Burea which has said I am within my rights to reject the car based on the details above.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Tags: None

Is this a new or used vehicle?
    If used how old? Mileage?
    Price paid?

As you had the vehicle for over 6 months you will need to prove the fault which rendered the car unsatisfactory existed at the time of delivery

Comment

Sorry, this is a repeat post, I must've forgotten I'd posted before. Thanks anayway.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X