• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

VT VWFS Charging them storage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VT VWFS Charging them storage

After paying over 50% of my PCP I decided after researching on here to VT my Audi (which is currently one of the models caught up in the diesel scandal) this was back the middle of August 2018. VWFS acknowledge the termination and I cancelled DD
    I had one text message from BCA to go online and book an appointment however it wouldn’t accept my details. I had to go to Dubai to work so sent an Authority for my mum to act on my behalf.
    She followed up Authority to check they had received it which they had and they were scanning it on to the system and would be back in touch.
    Fast forward to 19th October and the car is still sat on my parents drive and we have had no further communication from BCA.
    I have received a cleared finance statement from VWFS and I still have the car.
    I decided to speak to VWFS and BCA to ask why the car was still parked on my drive.
    Further I advised them until it’s picked up I’ll be charging £20 per day until it’s picked up (thinking they might get a move on)
    Today they rang and the earliest they can inspect the car is 15th November and they’ll collect it on 16th November.
    Moving on to the inspection I’m an engineer with BMW the car is perfect no dents scratches or kerbed wheels. I’ve got an independent video done of the car when it had been valeted, having been sat on the drive for 3 months it’s not quite as shiny awaiting there collection.

My questions are why would VWFS send me a clear finance statement/agreement when I still have the car and V5

Should I sign anything on inspection.

What happens on collection?

Would I get away with invoicing VWFS storage charges (they would if my car was in there dealership pending me paying on collection after repairs)

Regarding excess mileage how do I check all figures are correct and offsetting storage charges for mileage.

Lastly could I sell the car before collection as it appears the car has no outstanding finance (I HP checked it today)

If I refused to pay mileage how do they pursue the charges.

Thanks and sorry for rambling,
    Tags: None

Hello, here's the answer to your questions.

1. If you've done your research on VT you'll know the answer to signingsany inspection sheet or form or electronic. You do so at your own risk and you may wish to advise your mother on that if she has authority on your behalf.

2. in terms of collection, they collect the car.

3. Yes there is no harm in charging them a reasonable sum but don't expect them to pay you. That's something which you will need to pursue via Court. If you only told them over the phone then good luck with proving that unless you have the call recording. Again if you've done your research you would know to keep everything in writing so I suggest you do that asap and give them an update of the total charges you are seeking to recover as of today's date. That might kick them into collecting the car sooner.

4. Take a picture of the dashboad and mileage shown. This would be recorded in the inspection but it wouldn't surprise me if they tried to charge you for the mileage in driving it to auction too.

5. The car is not yours and never was during the period of the agreement. Selling the car could constitute a theft and therefore a criminal offence but more likely a civil claim against you would be made for the market value of the vehicle. I don't see any reason why someone would sell the car who is in your position. The fact that you have stated that you will charge them £20 per day means legally you have to give 3 months minimum notice before you can sell the car and deduct your costs. Otherwise you are on the hook.

6. They don't generally pursue pursexcess mileage charges. Some financial companies like BMW instead apply a late payment marker on your account. Only way to get around that is to take them to court. Otherwise it's a case of stating your position and submitting your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman and avoid engaging in endless correspondence as you wont get anywhere.

If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X