• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Alfa PCP Change in Terms on back of GDPR letter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry I didn't read the original T&Cs compared to the changes. You might want to contact Alfa an say that their final response is inadequate and have instead only chosen to focus on the GDPR element. The letter further suggests that they can "make changes to the finance agreement" but have failed to point out what clause allows them to vary any terms except for the charges set out in clause 3.2. You should give them a short window of like 7 days to respond and in the meantime prepare your FOS complaint.

Quite honestly, the FOS are crap anyway and I would fail to see how Alfa could enforce those terms apart from the charges which would be subject to fairness, when as you say there is no variation.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Thanks I sent an email back early to them asking them to address my second point although I didn't set a time limit.

Will see what they say shortly hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by R0b View Post
        Sorry I didn't read the original T&Cs compared to the changes. You might want to contact Alfa an say that their final response is inadequate and have instead only chosen to focus on the GDPR element. The letter further suggests that they can "make changes to the finance agreement" but have failed to point out what clause allows them to vary any terms except for the charges set out in clause 3.2. You should give them a short window of like 7 days to respond and in the meantime prepare your FOS complaint.

Quite honestly, the FOS are crap anyway and I would fail to see how Alfa could enforce those terms apart from the charges which would be subject to fairness, when as you say there is no variation.

Well, today I got a call saying the FOS had reviewed my case and were not going to uphold it. Waiting for the official letter or email, they did, however, say FCA would honour the original price but that the terms and condition just expanded and clarified there meaning so were entitled to change them...

I want to specifically ask them how this term won't effect me as this is a new condition particularly the bit in bold.

13. Excess Mileage The Maximum Annual Mileage is the mileage you agree that the vehicle will travel on average each year during the term of the Agreement. This figure is used by us to assess the Guaranteed Future Value of the vehicle because your annual mileage affects the future value of the vehicle. If you exceed your Maximum Annual Mileage, you have not taken Reasonable Care of the vehicle and as a result, you must pay us the Excess Mileage Charge shown in the section headed “Excess Mileage” for each excess mile (or part of a mile) for each year. The Excess Mileage Charge is a reasonable preestimate of our loss. We shall not ask you to pay this charge if you purchase the vehicle from us in accordance with the provisions of the HP Agreement and the vehicle becomes your property. If your agreement ends early and you have exceeded your Maximum Annual Mileage up to that time, you will be charged the Excess Mileage Charge.

Have there been are court cases where not reasonable care because of mileage was challenged?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X