• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Starting VT this week, any help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting VT this week, any help

Just about to start a VT with VW finance this week.

had 10000 miles limit as recommended by the sales rep but circumstance changed and after 2 and a half years the car should be on 25000 and is on 74000 miles.

Any advice

Cheers in advance
    Tags: None

Hello

Depends on who the finance company is. If it is MBFS then they may take you to court over it but if its anyone else, they may choose not to however don't bank on it.

There's an abundance of resource on here about excess mileage charges so the question is whether you want to defend it or come to some arrangement.

Suggest you take a look at the following links as a starting point.

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/foru...on-your-rights

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/foru...larke-pls-help
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

I'm sorry, but sometimes on this forum I can't believe what I read.

You set the mileage at 10,000pa, not the rep, and you have done 74,000.

The best thing you can do is buy the car!

Comment

Originally posted by thedirtyhound View Post
        I'm sorry, but sometimes on this forum I can't believe what I read.

You set the mileage at 10,000pa, not the rep, and you have done 74,000.

The best thing you can do is buy the car!
        I agree sometimes its hard to believe but this is life and the info was in the quote.

Circumstances and job roles changed after the commitment and taking into account the sales persons advice its understandable that this does happen on a regular basis.

As for your constructive comment about buying the car.

The car is a 2016 Golf now worth about 11k with outstanding finance of around 19k

The monthly payment if set at 30k a year would actually work out that you would have paid an extra £6k in finance payments,

Even at this over milage payment of about £4k you would actually be finically better off over buying or paying the higher finance payments.

Thanks for the constructive help

Comment

Let's be totally honest. I have an interest in this site because I got in the financial sh*t due to a change in my own circumstances several years ago. I have been incredibly lucky that I have got away with a lot of things. So I am not preaching from the moral highground, because nobody has ducked and dived more than I have! I even had a car repoed, although it was in the company name and not mine personally. Nevertheless, I still had use of it for six months before they got it back!

So if you can get away with it, the very best of luck to you. However, I think you are going to struggle on the grounds that you say the sales rep gave you bad advice. They ask you what mileage you will do and quote accordingly. If your circumstances change, that's not their problem.

I think in this case it is the sheer size of the excess that's the problem. It's 50,000 miles! You would face a very difficult task if they took you to court over it.

So when I say try to buy the car, you may be able to negotiate with them. A car with that mileage is of little use to main dealers, even if it is a 2016 model. It would probably go straight to auction. If they get £10k+ from you, they won't care what it goes for. If you've got the money, a deal is the best way out. You may not have to pay as much as you think to get it. See what its book value is and offer them that.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X