• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Can I Reject Car and Finance Due To A Fault??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I Reject Car and Finance Due To A Fault??

I was accepted for car finance through CarFinance24/7 and they helped me source a car through their "trusted" dealers. It was brought January 2018 and is an 2011 Hyundai Sata Fe.

On 20th April the car broke down and we had to pay £98 to have the car recovered as unlike the advertisement there was no AA Cover.

We had to have the car recovered to our home address as there were no garages open at the time of breakdown (friday night). Saturday 21st April I called the Dealer to explain what had happended and his repsonse was take it a garage and get a quote for it and we will sort it between ourselves. When I asked about the Car Warranty that was advertised (15 months) he was quick to get me off the phone.

We had the car towed to a local garage who initially got diagnostics of the car needing a new fuel filter. So we asked him to go ahead with the repair. We then had a call to say the Fuel Sensor needed fixing/changing as the car still wouldnt start. This has not fixed the problem stll.

Anyway nearly 4 weeks later and many phone calls back and forth between Car Fiance 24/7, The Dealer and Finance Compnay my car is still in the garasge and is likely to now run into ££££ worth of repairs as the whole fuel system has been contaminated with metal filings. I have paid out over £500 for a hire car during this time and have run out of cash now. I have no way of getting to work or my children to school. I want to know if i can reject this car and nothing is progressing and im losing money left right and centre. It seems all agencies involved are throwing it backward and forward.

Sorry for the long post this is actually simplified. Can anyw=one help??
    Tags: None

Hi and welcome

Did you by chance use a credit card when purchasing this vehicle?

Have any of your dealings been in writing, email or hard copy?

What have you told the finance company and what have they said.
    The finance company own the car (presumably hire purchase agreement) and they are the people with whom you should be dealing .
    Have you told them you wish to reject the vehicle?
    Have you referred to your statutory rights under Consumer Rights Act 2015 (CRA 2015)?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X