• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

FCA Voluntary termination

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FCA Voluntary termination

Hi, I'm hoping to get some advice with regards to the final stages of terminating my agreement.
    I rang FCA and was told that I needed to pay £5 to reach the 50% mark, which I paid immediately. FCA then emailed me to say I had to contact them to confirm my request to VT, again I did this immediately. I was then emailed a few days later saying that they confirmed and VT and would contact the auctioneers to arrange inspection and collection of my car. After a few weeks a date was set for collection from my home address. On the day of collection I was at work but arranged to leave early so as to meet the inspector. Unfortunately, because of an emergency at work I could not get away. The inspector rang me from his mobile, wanting to confirm the appointment. I told him that I couldn't get away and he said it wasn't a problem as there was another vehicle in the area that they were collecting, and that another appointment would be made.
    So, I received another appointment and made arrangements for them to collect the car from my local Fiat dealership as I was worried in case I couldn't make it again because of work. The dealership was absolutely fine with this. I dropped the car off the day before the appointment, when the salesman and myself inspected the car inside and out, tested lights, indicators, radio etc and took photographs.
    The car was collected without me being present and all that was handed over to the dealers was a collection ticket, no report was left.
    I got in touch with FCA asking the whereabouts of the report, and was told that they would request that it be emailed to me from the auctioneers, but I never received it.
    On Friday gone, I received a letter from FCA billing me for excess mileage (£1679.76), an inoperable radio/cd player (£292.56), a collection fee (£70) and a charge for an aborted collection fee (£170.37). The excess mileage was due to being sold a contract for 5k miles per year, when the salesman at the time was aware that I actually required 18k per year. My word against theirs, unfortunately. The radio unit was in full working order when the salesman and myself inspected it.

The reason behind my wanting to VT without going into personal details, was because of a change in my financial situation.

After speaking to one of the FCA agents tonight, he said that I would have to contest against what the inspector has reported, which again, I have requested that a copy of the report is sent out to me.

One thought I had was to take out a loan and make them an offer of around 50% of the total bill, which I could just manage. Any thoughts, has anyone any information or advice which could help resolve this?

I'd really appreciate any help.
    Tags: None

OK, so should I of received the inspection report by post or email, since I wasn't there when they collected the car? Is it a legal requirement?
    I have made two requests to FCA asking for a copy and they said that they would sort it out, but failed to do so.

Comment

I appreciate advisors/mods are busy, but why have a forum where there's no response? most disappointing! I ran a homelessness forum in County Durham where I answered posts on a daily basis, I could only answer 75% within 24 hours, but I made sure everyone got an answer to their post. Where are your mods?
      Sufficient to say don't bother, I'll seek help elsewhere, since it was the 8th May when I made my initial post.

Comment

Hi Alfie42,

I'm sorry you haven't got the answers you needed, unfortunately I am the only person who tends to answer questions on voluntary termination. I am the only person who tends to respond to questions on voluntary termination, but unfortunately I do have a full time job and I don't spend most of my time on here, though some days I might be lurking around longer than normal.

There are a lot of posts made on this forum so its not always possible to pick up on them - if you have a query then you are best using the tag option by putting an @ in front of the person's username. At the same time, there is a search function and if you searched for the terms voluntary termination, you would have come across many posts that are very similar to yours and likely have the answer you require (there are so many variations of your question but a lot of the time, the answer is the same).

Many of us who contribute on here do so in our own free time but I can appreciate that you might be a little frustrated having posted a couple of weeks ago and not received a reply.

If you still want help to your question, I am happy to answer it but if not, I hope you find the answers you are looking for.
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X