• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

vehicle rejection on finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vehicle rejection on finance

hi,

spoke the the finance company as they wanted to know the full details. Told them everything and that I was rejecting the car under the consumer rights act and he said that he’s happy to put it through as a rejection. however he said he needs proof that the head gasket has gone and that it’s my responsibility to pay for it. it’s only cost my £25 so it’s a small price to pay for peace of mind but is he right in saying that it’s up to me to fund the diagnostic? and would I be able to claim it back on the warranty?
    well got the report back from the garage. he said it’s not head gasket failure but is definitely something else, ie piston rings etc. he did mention that the engine has been taken apart previously as the fixing bolts were of a different kind, not factory fitted as they were all different types of bolt. spoken to the finance company but I’m becoming a little dubious that I’m not going to be able to return the car.I wasn't happy with the first garages findings so I took it for a pre mot inspection. he confirmed to me that the head gasket has gone, he pointed out that there was emulsified oil in the sump which wouldn't be there if it was just condensation. He also noted various other problems: multiple engine misfires recorded via the obd, fluid leak on the turbo, corroded brake pipe and nearside front lamp inoperative. forwarded the info to the finance company who passed it to the dealer who claimed that as it isn't leaking coolant now (it never was it was burning it) he's not liable as he replaced a hose which "stopped the leaking".
    had a phone call from the finance company this afternoon, they’ve said that lawgistics have told him to still refuse the rejection. I asked the finance company on what grounds and they never gave me an answer. they said they’re gonna try fighting and they’ll let me know the outcome on Friday. meanwhile I’m stuck with a £4000 garden ornament which im not allowed to drive and a debt to boot. really at my wits end now. where do I go from here?

Tags: None

recently bought an MG6 from an independent dealer.its a 2011 plate with 58000 miles on the clock. (purchased via finance) within a week of having the car I had to top the coolant up twice. also getting white smoke/ steam from the exhaust. car also had a rough idle. Rang the dealer amd told him the car had all the signs of HGF. He took it back in (a 15 mile drive from my house) and had the car for a few days. He rang me when the car was fixed and said that his mechanic had compression tested the engine and it wasn’t head gasket failure, but there was a minor leak on the coolant system that only showed when engine was pressured. He assured me that the rough idle had been sorted. fast forward a couple of weeks and I’ve just had the coolant warning light come on again. exhaust is still blowing out white steam and still has a rough idle. I rang the dealer up again but told him this time I wanted to keep the car local so he rang round a few garages in my area. when he rang me back (I’ve recorded all conversations between myself and the dealer) he openly admitted it sounded like head gasket failure, which he assured me firstly that it wasn’t. the mileage was also incorrect when I picked up the car. on the advert for the vehicle he stated the mileage was 55000 and on my order form it was stated as that too. on inspection of my mot certificate (dated the exact same as the car advert) and looking at the mileage on the dash it is recorded at 58000 miles. I’ve contacted the finance company and told them the car isn’t fit for purpose and would like to give it back as it will have been the garage twice in the space of a month. they’ve said they have to log a complaint and will get back to me in 2-3 working days

Comment

How long have you had the car?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X