• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Met parking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Met parking

Dear Mystery1
    I've read a lot of your advice on this website so thank you so much for putting your time and helping others.
    My husband's got MET PCN about 10 days ago on Sunday for not parked in the marked bay.
    it's private sports centre offering free parking, he took our son to the football class for the first time and he said there were no parking bays left so he parked the car in very reasonable place without obstructing others.
    when football class finished he noticed about 40 odd cars got PCN stuck on the windscreens.
    as per your advice I lodged online appeal last week straight away.
    my ground was
    1. there's no visible sign displayed that can be seen by average person
    2. it was on sunday you can even park on yellow lines
    3. parking duration was between 10:39 - 10:39 and PCN was issued on 10:39 so how can you issue PCN on 0 minute parking?

The appeal was rejected and I recieved POPLA today
    could you please advise me what to do next?
    I have a photographic evidence of all around the car there's no single sign displayed. (before and after PCN)
    In the rejection letter they said Elm sports centre if complying with the guidlines of the British Parking Associasion so their signage is in place.
    Please help me.
    Tags: None

Re: Mystery1 hasn't answered me

did you get your popla back with rejection i also got rejection i would be very surprised if anyones appeal is ever won going by this site that doesnt seem to be the case its just daylight robbery but i am totally not accepting mine and going to the next step

Comment

Originally posted by marylou View Post
      did you get your popla back with rejection i also got rejection i would be very surprised if anyones appeal is ever won going by this site that doesnt seem to be the case its just daylight robbery but i am totally not accepting mine and going to the next step
      Yes I did get rejection letter with popla code so I'm waiting for Mystery1 to kindly direct me to the next step.
      Mine was absolutely horrid too. it was clearly targetting innocent parents taking kids to sunday sport activities to a sports centre that's offering free parking.
      the guy was too busy issuing as many parking tix possible at a lightening speed
      mine was stating parked between 10:39 - 10:39 and ticket issued at 10:39
      I'm not surprised as my husband told me there were about 40 cars got PCN that morning at one go.
      really, you can even park on yellow lines on sundays.

Comment

Re: Met parking

Can you scan the pcn up please.

M1

Comment

Dear M1
          Thank you so much for ackowledging my msg
          Here's PCN and the rejection letter.
          http://s357.photobucket.com/user/Kelly_McAnany/library/

Comment

I will sort out popla for you.

I've added it to http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...udsman-appeals and will use 18/10 as the deadline.

M1

Comment

i was picking up my kids too never parked in this place before other people parked none of them purchasing tickets and it was after 6 apparently i should have paid full stop and thats why mine was issued i didnt realise my fault tried to appeal to there better nature they have none its a money making racket and they should be shut down just cowboys i didnt get popla so not sure what to do waiting to hear back from some one on here i sent email to but very helpful site on here

Comment

thanks Mystery1 your a star :-)

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
                  I will sort out popla for you.

I've added it to http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...udsman-appeals and will use 18/10 as the deadline.

M1
                  Dear M1
                  by all means not meaning to rushing you but I was wondering if you've ackowledged my msg or marylou's?
                  Please let me know if you need to send me anything else~

Comment

Originally posted by PhoenixKM View Post
                    Dear M1
                    by all means not meaning to rushing you but I was wondering if you've ackowledged my msg or marylou's?
                    Please let me know if you need to send me anything else~

I added you to my list of popla appeals to do. http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...udsman-appeals

I'm waiting until near the deadline so we can see how the new assessors assess to give the best chance of winning.

I do have 1 to do today that we'll need to use the old methodology which is hoped will still win but it's daft to take a chance if you don't have to.

As for Marylou she hasn't got back to me since i advised to go back to Smart to get a popla code http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...-parking-fines

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
                      I added you to my list of popla appeals to do. http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...udsman-appeals

I'm waiting until near the deadline so we can see how the new assessors assess to give the best chance of winning.

I do have 1 to do today that we'll need to use the old methodology which is hoped will still win but it's daft to take a chance if you don't have to.

As for Marylou she hasn't got back to me since i advised to go back to Smart to get a popla code http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...-parking-fines

M1
                      Thank you so much for that M1
                      Sorry about my nuisance
                      I didn't completely understand what you meant by use 18/10 as deadline
                      now it makes sense.
                      I have confidence in you after reading all these forums
                      so pls do what you think is right thing to do.
                      I will upload more photos of surrounding of parked car in the link above so you can see there really was no visible sign displayed.
                      Warm Regards
                      Last edited by PhoenixKM; 3rd October 2015, 11:28:AM.

Comment

oh sorry i need to approach smart for the popla i didnt realise so do i just email them and ask for a popla ?

Comment

You have a POPLA code in one of your letters.

Get on to the management of the sports facility, together with the other drivers, and complain bitterly to them. They will be able to get SMART to cancel.

Take photos of the area showing that there are no signs visible.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
                            You have a POPLA code in one of your letters.

Get on to the management of the sports facility, together with the other drivers, and complain bitterly to them. They will be able to get SMART to cancel.

Take photos of the area showing that there are no signs visible.
                            Marylou has her own thread. You might be looking at Pheonixkm ?

M1

Comment

i have got in touch with smart parking to get a popla asap

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X