• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

POPLA final appeal stage!!! Help please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POPLA final appeal stage!!! Help please

A few months back I accidentally paid to park at a site just down the road from where I actually parked. These sites are operated by the same company.

I received 6 PCN's through the post. Initially confused by the PCN's, I appealed to the parking operator to say that I had a valid session at the time of parking.

At the time of parking, and even to this day, there were repair works ongoing inside of the car park which obstructed the view of the one sign containing location details. I explained this to the company and they refuse to acknowledge the repair works going on inside of the car park to the point that they submitted evidence to POPLA from before the roadworks even began (therefore not showing the obstruction to then sign) ((what a joke!!!!!)). Is there anything I can do about this falsified evidence? POPLA say you can't upload anything new which in this case doesn't make sense as it turns it into a tit for tat argument?!

I appealed to the parking company initially (to my regret, admitting that I was the driver of the vehicle) and they offered me £30.00 per ticket (so £180.00 in total) which I now wish that I would have paid! However, I believed at the time that my initial appeal to the parking operator would be successful as per the BPA keying error rule and in light of the fact that I had already paid the company all but for their alternative car park just 200m away! I even offered to pay them an administration fee for any costs that they may have incurred. I shouldn't have been so naive though as I'm pretty sure the same person to decline my ticket and offer me £180.00 is who deals with the appeals.

I do believe though that they made this offer based on the BPA guidance of genuine keying errors? But they way this rule is written seems pretty specific to errors with entering incorrect registration details.

3 of the tickets are currently under review with POPLA and the other 3 have been sent to the debt collectors.

As my car is under my fathers name, he is now receiving debt collector letters and notices, despite the fact that I have admitted to being the driver at the time.

Is there anything I can do a) to help my POPLA case and b) about the debt collector letters please anyone????

I'm sure all on here have at one time struggled with the stress that these cause so any help would be greatly greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
    Tags: None

I'm not sure why you have started a new thread, when you are getting advice on the previous thread you started.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X