• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Work Related First Parking PCN Appealed via POPLA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work Related First Parking PCN Appealed via POPLA

I would much appreciate your advice please on this matter as it needs to be resolved.

I drove a Company vehicle as a key worker on business for a London Borough Council when I was on shift & I was requested to conduct an emergency visit to a vulnerable client. A PCN from First Parking was issued 09.06.20 following an overstay of 5 minutes as I was on site for 20 minutes on 19.05.20. The overstay was due to poor signage of the apartment block. Plus parking was restricted as the location is on a busy dual carriageway ring road with double red lines on the road between Stockwell & Vauxhall. This was 1st appealed 16.07.20.

There was a delay receiving the PCN as the lease Company is the registered keeper. The lease Company had to forward the PCN to the Council & the Council had to track which department that the vehicle was issued to. In turn the department had to track down the driver of the vehicle as it is used by several staff members. The receipt date was 24.06.20. but it is unclear if this date was stamped by the vehicle lease Company or the Council & sent by email from one of the Council offices.

POPLA returned an unsuccessful response to the Appeal on 02.11.20. Could I dispute this with the Ombudsman to pay the discounted cost as it was not my fault that there was a delay in receiving a PCN? POPLA have stated that the discounted rate is not applicable as the 14 day period had elapsed. The actual reason for the delay is a result of the COVID-19 pandemic & staff working from home between the Council & lease Company. POPLA did not provide an unsuccessful response to the Appeal until 02.11.20.

Thank you.
    Tags: None

So what was the appeal to the parking company?

Comment

As mentioned in my previous thread there was a delay in receiving the PCN. I only attended for business reasons as a first line staff member to an emergency alarm unit of a vulnerable client for safeguarding. There was no other alternative parking on site or within the area of a busy one way system ring road. I understand from the appeal process that First Parking give you 15 minutes grace for parking as it is meant for pick ups & drop offs. The Council will not accept responsibility but there was no other reason for me to attend this location other than to meet the needs of the business. This is why I feel this isn't fair on my part to pay it the fine & the incremented charge due to changes to working dynamics, office staff working from home as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic to pay the fine within the 14 day period reduced rate. I had attempted to pay on line today but their payment page wasn't working & now their webpage appears to be conflicted.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X