• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Notice to keeper timescale

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notice to keeper timescale

Hi everyone,
    I asked a question before registering , had a response from Ostell, (thanks), but I don't know if my question is open to all to see, so forgive me if I'm repeating myself.
    I received a PCN on 21.10.20 regarding an incident dated 3.8.20, that is, 78 days after the incident. Citizens Advice state that Notice to Keeper must be received within 14 days.
    The car was parked for 41 minutes. I am the car keeper. No one knows who the driver was. My appeal will be based on the technicality of timescale. Is the stated 14 days an actual law?
    My interpretation of the Protection of freedom act 2012 schedule 4 backs that up...but am I correct? Would it be wise to appeal based on this one premise? Many thanks for a response.
    Tags: None

So why have you started a second thread on the same subject?

Comment

Because I am not really that computer literate. You asked me if it was a hired car. I replied that it wasn't. Because I asked the question before registering I did not know my question was available for everyone to see... so I repeated myself. However it appears that no-one other than your good self have an opinion.
      I'm just trying to establish that BY LAW the Private Parking Company must contact the keeper within 14 days. Can anyone kindly answer this?

Comment

You already gave the answer to this in your other thread. The question was asked of you so that an answer could be given

You are making it difficult to provide answers

Comment

I don't quite understand why you find this difficult. I have a question and yet to receive any answer. Instead I get asked the question "Is it a hire car?"
          I answer no. The question was asked so an answer may be given. I look forward to an actual answer to my question

Comment

And I'm not flitting back and forth between 2 threads

Comment

Forgive me, as far as I know I have this one thread, I can't find any other, so please don't flit, simply concentrate on this one. I haven't come here to create problems. If you are unable to answer the question please ignore me and leave me in hope that someone else might have the answer

Comment

This one you updated yesterday

https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...eper-timescale

which contained answers to your question

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X