• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

POPLA Appeal Help - ParkingEye Durham

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POPLA Appeal Help - ParkingEye Durham

Hi

Some advice is required if I can get it please?

I received an extortionate demand from ParkingEye for parking in a car park in Durham when I went to the cinema with my wife. I have attached a photograph of the signage that is up in the car park.

Click image for larger version

Name:	parking_smaller.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	1483019

I drove into the car park just after 6pm and left at 10.45pm, so just under 5 hours.

I freely admit to paying for my parking at the cinema but the staff in the Odeon told me that I would be good to park over 4 hours, (we were going for a meal first) and besides what is the point of having a discounted rate for parking during higher peak tariff hours if it's then used to punish people who park after 6pm.

My contention is that I have paid ParkingEye £1.50 for the parking and that should be enough but they have responded to the POPLA with their own evidence/statement which says the following:

This site is a Paid Parking car park with day tariffs (Mon-Sun 6am-6pm) & overnight tariffs (Mon-Sun 6pm-6am). Odeon customers must enter their full, correct vehicle registration into the terminal at the front desk on arrival & pay £1.50 to obtain a permit for 4-hours parking – tariffs apply thereafter, as clearly stated on the signage (enclosed). We have included a signage plan showing that there are signs situated at the entrance, exit and throughout the car park displaying the terms and conditions of the site. The facility to pay via Good2go is also available at this site on the provision of the full, correct vehicle registration and payment card details.

Please be advised, the signage clearly states; ‘Odeon customers must enter their full, correct vehicle registration into the terminal at the front desk on arrival & pay £1.50 to obtain a permit for 4-hours parking – tariffs apply thereafter. Therefore, the motorist hasn’t complied with the signage.
    If they aren't going to offer £1.50 parking for 12 hours after 6pm to people paying via the cinema, then why do they allow it?

How can they put us under punitive contract terms because the £1.50 was paid in the cinema, (on their systems, you need to enter data in an ipad/tablet that they have in the foyer). That's an offer for people visiting the cinema during peak hours but they're now using it to bludgeon me for £100

Pure extortion.

I have 7 days to respond to POPLA . Any advice appreciated.

Tags: None

I have just had the exact same ticket. I was told I could stay for four hours and took it from the time of entering my registration in the cinema. They have taken the time from when I entered the car park and so say that I have stayed there 4 hours and 27 minutes. It took me about 25 mins to find a space, get parked, walk to the cinema, buy tickets and pay for the parking and then enter the registration.

Comment

Any update on this?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X