• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye issue Southport

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Eye issue Southport

Further to my previous Parking Eye car park in Southport experience for parking that I paid for and returned well within the hour on an early January afternoon. Later in the month I received through the post a PCN from Parking Eye.
    I can only admit to maybe entering a wrong registration number (maybe one/two digits) into the parking meter. My related research findings around various websites were an education ie
    Quote: There are a number of known errors with the parking machines Parking Eye and Excel Parking use, and several recent cases have been dismissed due to machine errors.
    http://notomob.co.uk/discussions/ind...?topic=5768.90
    Quote: Modern ticket machines do not let you enter a registration unless the ANPR detects that the vehicle is in the car park. Parking Eye could enable this on their systems, but this would cut down on the number of parking charges they could issue, because relying on mistakes is the central core of their business.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=5548272
    Quote: “The BPA Code of Practice mentions in the Introduction 'minimum standards' (suggesting they are set low) as well as the importance of 'acting in a professional, reasonable and diligent way' in issuing 'appropriate' parking charges

Meanwhile I would have thought that the parking meters data history must surly indicate that a registration number for that exact time and date that was entered into the machine closely resembles my registration; it surly can’t be that difficult to recover, or as I suggested in one of my appeals to Parking Eye the machine actually could have been faulty.
    My circumstances above it seems are far from unique.

I’m now several weeks on and disappointed in that I feel that both my initial and recent substantially detailed info appeal correspondence to Parking Eye had been ignored as no reference was made to either of my appeals content in their replies to me. I subsequently paid the reduced “charge” of £60 to eliminate the possibility of further costs, as any further appeal action from me I feel would be a waste of time! Although now on principle I would dearly like to recover the fee I paid.

(Disappointed Southport)
    Tags: None

You've paid, forget about getting it back. The whole business is about making money from peoples honest mistakes. Of course they won't reference your appeals, they just want the money. It depends on how much late in the month that the PCN was received. More than 14 days and you could have told PE to whistle.

Comment

Thanks for the comment OSTELL ...I need to be more cautious in future!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X