• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**WON!!!!!** County Court claim letter over parking fines

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: County Court claim letter over parking fines

Your defence is in (although you may wish to bolster it in your ws/skeleton in response to their crap)

Wait until Saturday and see if the send theirs. you can email and/or hand deliver yours.

M!

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
      Your defence is in (although you may wish to bolster it in your ws/skeleton in response to their crap)

Wait until Saturday and see if the send theirs. you can email and/or hand deliver yours.

M!
      Yeah I will bolster it up of course, use the defences that you've sent to do that, I've not had anything through from them though...

Comment

Originally posted by jord22 View Post
        Yeah I will bolster it up of course, use the defences that you've sent to do that, I've not had anything through from them though...
        Hi Mystery, so I need to send through all of my defence? Or just the evidence?

Comment

Just the evidence and a witness statement.

Start it off

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pr...ess-statements

Once you start we can adjust it to include some "defence".

M1

Comment

Thanks Mystery, I need to send this in today's post, as it has to be there by tomorrow at 4pm.

Comment

So I've started this, how do I add in my 'defence' bit after the first paragraph where I state my name?

Comment

Have you included stuff like being registered keeper, the date(s) in question ?

You can email this too.

M1

Comment

I'm not sure how it needs to be worded, what needs to be included etc.

I just assumed it was to go with my picture of the sign...

Would you be able to advise on a template or something like that, then I can fill it out with the correct details?

Comment

What year are we talking here ?

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
                      What year are we talking here ?

M1
                      Let me word something and we can go from there if I'm on the right lines.

Comment

UK Parking Control LTD 1st Claimant Ref xxxxx
                        Mr ***** 1st Defendant Ref
                        Witness Statement

1.I, **** of *****t, am the defendant in this claim. The facts in this statement come from my personal knowledge.

2.I acknowledge that I am the registered keeper of the vehicle, as the DVLA records would show.
                        3.I first received letters from UK Parking Control LTD in 2015 which where quite threatening in language and bewildering to me, as the keeper of the vehicle. I ignored these letters due to the threatening nature and discarded them in the rubbish.
                        4.I begin to receive more letters come through as the months went on until I received the County Court action in September 2016.
                        5.The sign displayed in the car park (appendix 1) shows capability of creating a contract with anyone other than a student. There is a lack of offer to none students, stating ‘student parking only.
                        6.Ass the images show (appendix 2) there are also no specific marked bays in the car park in question which create a sign which is essentially n parking. There is no offer to park and no contract as per Parking Control Management (UK) Ltd V Bull.
                        7.The land in which the car park is on I believe to be owned by Coventry University Group, therefore the issue of a contractual license between myself and the claimant is not in possession of the car park or capable of bringing proceedings in trespass.
                        8.There is a huge confusion as to what the rules are and what they aren’t therefore, feeling that there wasn’t a contract, I chose to ignore the warning letters.
                        9.As per Parking Eye v Beavis in the Supreme Court, the charge is a penalty which is unenforceable.
                        10.I believe that the facts stated in this witness statement are true.

Signed:

Date:

Is this the correct sort of thing? I have images, which I've uploaded of the car park without any specific marked bays. I've also not received anything from UKPC or SCS Law about their defence.

Would you mind amending this so it's in the correct format and says the right things, then I can add whatever else needs to be added?

Thanks Mystery. I need to get this to the court by tomorrow, so I'll hand deliver it (Lost my log in to be able to email it).

- - - Updated - - -

Here are the car park images.
                        Attached Files

Comment

What year are the tickets dated ?

M1

Comment

They're dated from 2015/2016. I don't have the exact dates to hand I'm afraid.

Comment

I'll be home later this evening for more details - I plan to email them across by 4pm tomorrow, however, I am working out of my office tomorrow so I won't be next to laptop so if possible, can we finalise it this evening? I'm very grateful for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by jord22 View Post
                                I'll be home later this evening for more details - I plan to email them across by 4pm tomorrow, however, I am working out of my office tomorrow so I won't be next to laptop so if possible, can we finalise it this evening? I'm very grateful for your help.
                                apologies for the urgency by the way! [MENTION=5354]mystery1[/MENTION] is it possible to see this ASAP?
                                Last edited by jord22; 10th April 2017, 16:46:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X