• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MET Parking Services - won

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MET Parking Services

Hi M1,
    I am just going through the POPLA process, however one thing that I have overlooked is the times between the 'alleged' offence and me being notified exceeds the 14 day period in the PCN. The 'alleged' offence took place on the 17-05-16 and I didn't receive notification until 09th June 2016. Surely this voids the PCN?

Regards

SE Blue.....

Comment

Hi M1,
      I want to thank you for the help you have provided so far..... It certainly helps and opens your eyes to the hurdles with this stuff!! I am just in the process of submitting my POPLA under 'I was not improperly parked' 'Other' and this is the appeal content -

'I did not receive the notice of this alleged offence within the 14 day period. It was received by my office on the 9th June 2016 and by me in the post on the 11th June 2016, the alleged offence took place on the 10th May 2016 - 31 days elapsed. Additionally, I would have been a paying customer at the site and clearly wasn't aware of the 'new' parking enforcement and time restriction. After discussing with the site management they advised me that if my stay was liable to exceed the 90 minute allowed they would have extended accordingly.'

Can you see anything wrong with this? It is factual and evidenced via the PCN. Is there anything you think would be helpful to add/highlight?

Regards

SE Blue

Comment

Originally posted by SE Blue View Post
        Hi M1,
        I want to thank you for the help you have provided so far..... It certainly helps and opens your eyes to the hurdles with this stuff!! I am just in the process of submitting my POPLA under 'I was not improperly parked' 'Other' and this is the appeal content -

'I did not receive the notice of this alleged offence within the 14 day period. It was received by my office on the 9th June 2016 and by me in the post on the 11th June 2016, the alleged offence took place on the 10th May 2016 - 31 days elapsed. Additionally, I would have been a paying customer at the site and clearly wasn't aware of the 'new' parking enforcement and time restriction. After discussing with the site management they advised me that if my stay was liable to exceed the 90 minute allowed they would have extended accordingly.'

Can you see anything wrong with this? It is factual and evidenced via the PCN. Is there anything you think would be helpful to add/highlight?

Regards

SE Blue
        Don't like it. Using terms like "i" gives away information about who the driver is/was and although the company is the one with the ticket, it still shouldn't be done.

Are you sure you didn't get a ticket on the vehicle ? 31 days sounds like it's being treated as you did as in such circumstances they have to wait 28 days before sending out a notice.

An example of a popla appeal is

ravidokipopla.rtf

M1

Comment

Hi M1,
          I'm out and about at the moment so forgive brief reply. You're spot on with 'I' I have changed to 'the company' There was no ticket left on the vehicle at the time. I will stop in at the site on my way back today and push them some more to get this ticket cancelled.. If not that will be the last they see from our company and expenditure. I will finish the POPLA when I get back this afternoon.

Thanks and regards

SE Blue

Comment

I think in attempting to move your post i have accidentally deleted it.

Can't remember what it said now.

M1

Comment

M1,
              I know how you feel! Ha ha...... I'll dig it out and resubmit....

SE Blue

Comment

Here you go M1, I appreciate your advice on this before submitting: We (Company Name..) did not receive the notice of this alleged until 31 had elapsed. It was received by our office on the 9th June 2016. The alleged offence took place on the 10th May 2016. There was no notice left on our vehicle at the time of the alleged offence. Additionally, 'we' would have been paying customer(s) at the site and clearly weren't aware of the 'new' parking enforcement and time restriction. After discussing with the site management they advised me that if my stay was liable to exceed the 90 minute allowed they would have extended accordingly. Additionally it had been noted that the parking notices attached to the poles within the car park are at a height that makes the typeface unreadable due to the distance off the ground which is compounded in low light and poor weather conditions.'

Regards

SE Blue

Comment

Edit to suit.

sebluekpopla.rtf

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co...a-process.html

M1

Comment

Submitted POPLA now we wait......

Comment

Dear M1,
                      POPLA have been in touch and appeal upheld. Thanks for your help and advice

Regards

SE Blue

Comment

Re: MET Parking Services - won

That was quick

Uncontested ?

M1

Comment

Re: MET Parking Services - won

Hi M1,
                          Completely uncontested, I was surprised at how quickly they replied. Must have been the evidence and statement I submitted (and more importantly - your help and advice)

Regards

SE Blue

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X