• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

POPLA - won

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POPLA - won

I recently contested a MET PCN using the format sent by M1. Can any direct me to the POPLA formatted letter if the appeal fails
    Tags: None

Re: POPLA

Popla is pretty much dependant on individual circumstances.

Post up your letters etc (suitably sanitised) or look through the most recent appeals on the Popla and completed cases sections.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
      Popla is pretty much dependant on individual circumstances.

Post up your letters etc (suitably sanitised) or look through the most recent appeals on the Popla and completed cases sections.

M1
      Thanks for replying. My PCN is a standard parking charge for staying too long in a McDonalds. I am concerned because of the Beavis ruling yesterday. For the formatted letter I sent yesterday day I appealed on the grounds of disproportionate amount ( no longer valid after yesterday's ruling) the signage was not clear

The signage is not placed at eye level as you enter the car park. However when I went back to the McDonalds to remonstrate there is a sign at eye level however it is not in a place where one would naturally look.

The manager said she could not cancel the PCN.

If if I did appeal to Popla then I am not sure on what grounds apart for it is a form of extortion which will not hold water.

Not to sure what to do. Today is the last day of the fifty pound tariff. Concerned about yesterday's ruling. This may lead more company's to act silly start taking people to the small court.

Comment

Beavis was ages ago and, yes some companies are going to court more frequently than they did before. They don't win them all though, even Parking Eye http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co...d-signage.html

Met have won som popla appeals but lost others. http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...305#post649305 http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...280#post647280 http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...065#post640065

The odds are good but not guaranteed. The choice is yours. I will be at work until after 2200 today so will not be around.

M1

Comment

Thanks M1 for responding. I wrote a letter to macdonalds head office complaining. They have contacted the franchise owners and I am waiting. I think I may challenge on grounds of signage. But also that I was actually in their premise spending money and for that I am being penalised. That to me sounds in comprehensible. Thanks for replying M1. You are a good person for the help you offer people. Win or lose its nice to see that someone is willing to help. I will let you know what they say.

Comment

If you want a hand just post the PCN and signs if you can.

M1

Comment

[QUOTE=mystery1;651841]If you want a hand just post the PCN and signs if you can.

Will do Many thanks McDonalds customer services contacted the franchise owner and they have contacted me. I sent them the following letter

DearToni,

I arrived at the McDonnalds at 19.54 on the 13/05/16. My car was a Fiat Bravo with registration plate EX07 PZU. I met a friend there as we were discussing some business. We left at 21.44 as the business we were discussing was complex. We made several purchases whilst we were there. we are both family men and spend at least £100 0er month at different McDonalds. I myself frequent the resteraunt on straight Road.

As it was Friday we were both tired after a days work and did not see the signage. However what is absurd is that we are being attempted to be penalised for using your business. we were not sat there without making purchases. Moreover the restaurant was comparatively empty, so it is difficult to see what damage was being done. I was under the impression that businesses wanted people to use their fascilities for as long as possible so that more money can be spent?

I have appealed the ticket and I am willing to take the case to a small claims court and I will notify the Romford Recorder if it gets that far. I have visited the the store yesterday and the manager said that the ticket can not be cancelled. This means that the restaurant is not in control of its own property. Again ,a highly unusual scenario.

I would be grateful if you could contact Met Parking and cancel this ticket.

Yours sincerely
              I will let you know there reply.

Comment

Ticket cancelled. Many thanks mystery 1 for your support and the offer of your free time. Without your support I Amy have been bullied into paying it

[QUOTE=johnparky;651843]
                Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
                If you want a hand just post the PCN and signs if you can.

Will do Many thanks McDonalds customer services contacted the franchise owner and they have contacted me. I sent them the following letter

DearToni,

I arrived at the McDonnalds at 19.54 on the 13/05/16. My car was a Fiat Bravo with registration plate EX07 PZU. I met a friend there as we were discussing some business. We left at 21.44 as the business we were discussing was complex. We made several purchases whilst we were there. we are both family men and spend at least £100 0er month at different McDonalds. I myself frequent the resteraunt on straight Road.

As it was Friday we were both tired after a days work and did not see the signage. However what is absurd is that we are being attempted to be penalised for using your business. we were not sat there without making purchases. Moreover the restaurant was comparatively empty, so it is difficult to see what damage was being done. I was under the impression that businesses wanted people to use their fascilities for as long as possible so that more money can be spent?

I have appealed the ticket and I am willing to take the case to a small claims court and I will notify the Romford Recorder if it gets that far. I have visited the the store yesterday and the manager said that the ticket can not be cancelled. This means that the restaurant is not in control of its own property. Again ,a highly unusual scenario.

I would be grateful if you could contact Met Parking and cancel this ticket.

Yours sincerely
                I will let you know there reply.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X