• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**DISCONTINUED!!** PCN received from parking cowboys advice needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PCN received from parking cowboys advice needed

Not in the case, per se, unless they haven't said they won't attend and don't, but they do get penalised in costs for unreasonable behaviour.

It's our job to make it difficult for them to take the piss and make sure the court knows what they get up to despite our reasonable attempts to make the process smooth as it should be.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
      Not in the case, per se, unless they haven't said they won't attend and don't, but they do get penalised in costs for unreasonable behaviour.

It's our job to make it difficult for them to take the piss and make sure the court knows what they get up to despite our reasonable attempts to make the process smooth as it should be.

M1
      hello M1 , i still have not had a reply from MIL regarding the 2 letters that i nave sent ,stating the info i require , registered letter which i have a signature for, signed for on the 19/7/16 and the Email which i sent direct to MIL on the 9/8/16 , wether they ever reply to correspondence ,who knows, should i phone them tomorrow or Tuesday and chase them up , if i do what should I say to speed them up , is the anything in law that will make them answer, or do i just carry on and go with what we have THANKS

Comment

Phone and enquire what they intend to do, if anything. Get an email address and confirm details of the call. We can defend on the case as it lies but it is entirely unhelpful to the judge if the matter is not pleaded properly which in turn can only be defended on what they've written and wholly unreasonable of them not to comply with the civil procedure rules, but ultimately you cannot force them, only make them look stupid later which can hurt them.

M1

Comment

Hello m1 , when you say record details of call do you mean actually record the call or write down time and date ect , also do I need to check the email address for MIL that I already have thanks

Comment

Nah just a brief synopsis of what was said.

I asked you to replead as the particulars of claim did not explain much or comply with the rules. You refused.

Should you disagree with my record of what was said please let me know.

Something like that. Don't forget to get their name !

No if you have it then no need to ask again. I just say stuff like that as it's too hard to remember every detail in every thread and way too slow to keep reading back for every reply i make.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
              Nah just a brief synopsis of what was said.

I asked you to replead as the particulars of claim did not explain much or comply with the rules. You refused.

Should you disagree with my record of what was said please let me know.

Something like that. Don't forget to get their name !

No if you have it then no need to ask again. I just say stuff like that as it's too hard to remember every detail in every thread and way too slow to keep reading back for every reply i make.

M1
              hello M1 , i have just phone MIL , I asked his name Chris Robins , i then asked him as you suggested , about re pleading and letting me now if they didn't agree , he got flustered when i said that, said he could see i had written , i said are you going to reply , he hung up , i then re dialled , different operator Tom Smith , i again asked him the same ect , he also said letters noted on screen ,and that the legal dept would be answering ,i asked any idea of when , he said no but definitely would be replying , what is the maximum time we can give them before moving on , THANKS

Comment

Send an email asap as i suggested.

What is the date on the claim form ?

M1

Comment

4th August 2016 claim issued

Comment

Originally posted by upsadaisy View Post
                    4th August 2016 claim issued

So a defence needs to be done by 6/9/16. (5 days for service + 14 then another 14 because you filed acknowledgement of service giving 33 days total).

See where we are in 2 weeks. Chase them every 2/3 days and send an email every time even if they just hang up or say not much.

M1

Comment

hello M1, well i have a reply EMAIL from MIL from a gentleman , Matt Murdoch legal advisor , ( by all accounts on other sites doesn't exist ) anyway he says in response to numerous emails from me , he would advise that should i wish to defend the claim and dispute the particulars of the claim , i should file an appropriate defence with the court , It is disputed that the particulars of claim fail to adhere to CPR and it is quite clear about the matter to which the claim relates, The claim was issued as there is an outspend PCN issued that i am liable for, then giving location ,date and time , make and model , reg number, and time , and the offence of parking over maximum allowed time , the time and date given i take it are when the ticket was issued and not when the offence was supposed to have happened , he has not sent any evidence ,photos ect, and at least i no now that i have the right email address , what should i now do , do you think i should reply asking for photo because as i said to you before ,unless fudged that would be impossible , surely they can't just say you were observed on car park exceeding allowed time ,they could do that to anyone if thats the case , THANK YOU

Comment

Leave it with me.

M1

Comment

hello M1, more correspondence from MURDOCH (MIL) acknowledging my letters , and it says they have reviewed my file and the matters raised and that they consider the info provided to be irrelevant to the claim or are mitigating circumstances , they consider the following statements on the balance probability, to be true in this case and that they would expect court to hold me liable for the full amount (£175) and additional costs , they then list the following details : vehicle parked on private land at time shown , notice to keeper , i had not agreed or paid settlement prior to their purchase of debt , the amount is fair PE vs Beavis 2015 and that i am liable as i am the registered keeper . they then say that they appreciate that the above may not be the reply i had hoped for and are willing to accept payments in 2 instalments , i would need to contact them asap with 1st payment and then 2nd in 14 days , and that they can't discuss the matter with a 3rd party without first receiving written authority from me , /////////// do you think i should now email MURDOCH and ask for copy of the evidence (photos) of my vehicle on site showing it parked over the allowed time and also a copy of signage on site . PS i have visited the site again and the signs have been changed again ( photo taken ) they have upped allowed time back to 3 hrs if using on site facilities , also the signs (4) on site the 2 nearest entrance approx 20 metres away , (1 ) approx 40 mts and (1) approx 70 mts and you would have to go on site to read them THANKS

Comment

They'll say anything to get your money.

I will get back to you this weekend.

M1

Comment

Hello M1 , do I respond to the acknowledgement , or ? Thanks

Comment

I would edit this to suit and submit as a defence.

upsadaisydef.rtf

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X