• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**DISCONTINUED!!** PCN received from parking cowboys advice needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It would not double recovery....the cases are 2 different animals.

The one in which you were successful was for alleged breach of comtract.

The one you are contemplating is for breach of data protection.

Btw, have you seen this?
    http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co...d-against.html
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

• This could assist. (Also see above post.)

https://www.parkingcowboys.co.uk/data-protection-act/
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

Comment

• And

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co...rotection.html

Also see above posts.

CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

• Upsadaisy - you need to do 'post reply' here rather than replying to the email notification ...

"Thank you for you reply , i will press on , I need to get this out of my system , its been dragging on over 3 years for something i did not do"
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

• hello , further to last reply , I have already taken and won against Parking awareness services Blackpool for a DPA 1998 breach, FOR SELLING MY DATA they got from DVLA as members of KADOE ( breaching contract) to MIL TRURO , what i need advice on now is MIL , they also breached, they bought the alleged debt , I have that in letter from them , they then chased me for monies that never existed as ticket should never have been issued ( under 5 minutes stop on 3hour free c/p (again letter) issued court proceedings , threatening letters , various offers up and down ,and when it got to £50 they discontinued , they are members of BPA, it feels that MIL have got away with murder , i Don't thing i can take them for same data breach is there another reason that would stand up in small claims court

Comment

• Of what did the DPA breach award consist? Distress?

Have they now stopped chasing?

Have your details (data) been removed from their database?
              CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

• Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                Of what did the DPA breach award consist? Distress?

Have they now stopped chasing?

Have your details (data) been removed from their database?
                hello ,thanks for quick reply , the main DPA award was selling the data to a 3rd party (MIL) without permission from DVLA and also no reasonable cause stated in letter from DVLA as conditions of KADOE contract , I mentioned stress and worry for me and my family . All chasing stopped some time ago , and PAS have sacked their officer who ticketed my vehicle , they say he never should have done this and have erased my DATA from their system . The problem is that I applied through MONEY CLAIM ,to take the 2 companies to court , PAS were first up 1/3/19 , they paid up 12/3/19 ,but the MIL has been slow , they denied they had done wrong . I was never given a court date for MIL and transferred any to Blackpool from TRURO , then got a letter from Judge at Blackpool asking for more proof which I sent , to Judge and MIL , letter received today states , that documentation is repetition of the claim made in the original particulars of claim , these documents add nothing to the claim and remains struck out , is there anything I can do to revive it ,with a chance of winning THANKS MIKE

Comment

• So the judgement was given only against PAS for selling data?

http://notomob.co.uk/discussions/index.php?topic=6016.0
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

Comment

So the judgement was given only against PAS for selling data?

http://notomob.co.uk/discussions/index.php?topic=6016.0
                    It states on letter received yesterday , the claimant has permission to amend the particulars of claim to refer to the DPA , reservice is dispensed with > when the defendant asked question near the end judge stated you sold to MIL without dvla permission , but nothing on letter to say that

Comment

• can you tell me in layman's terms what this actually means

Comment

• Interesting thread on MSE - https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com...3767#topofpage
                        CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

• It would have been protocol to add MIL onto the court claim, I reckon.

MIL shouldn't have processed the data, but it looks as though DVLA have decided it was an innocent negligence.

Hav you had a word with the ICO?

(Btw, if you want to go for broke, it will only cost you £25 for a £300 claim, £35 for £500).
                          Last edited by charitynjw; 14th March 2019, 22:01:PM.
                          CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

hello , the judge stated that DVLA were the controller and PAS the processor , but when MIL came into the equation ,with PAS selling the data MIL became the processor and PAS the controller ,and PAS should not have sold this data as MIL were not a sub contractor . MIL seem to be getting away with this , they have still caused worry and stress , have breached the act, by buying and using the data , what would if anything, could I take them for ,the judge who struck t out will do it again if i try data breach so whats next

Comment

• I'd have a chat with the ICO, myself.
                              CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

• Originally posted by upsadaisy View Post

It states on letter received yesterday , the claimant has permission to amend the particulars of claim to refer to the DPA , reservice is dispensed with > when the defendant asked question near the end judge stated you sold to MIL without dvla permission , but nothing on letter to say that
                                Is there a deadline? (to amend)
                                CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X