• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

POPLA Ref Expired,what now? - won

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POPLA Ref Expired,what now? - won

Hello everyone. My husband received a parking ticket at Barnet Hospital in Oct '15. We appealed through the parking eye website, they rejected it, we wrote to them again, they rejected it, but in the meantime, because I didn't go through POPLA, my POPLA ref expired. I emailed POPLA and I have copied the email i sent to them below, which also outlines our situation because in the email to them, I copied the appeal I sent to parking eye, so it's all here below in a nutshell...

POPLA REF: 6063505***
    PARKING CHARGE NOTICE: 4117***/880***

Hello,

I tried to use the online process, but because the 28 days have passed, I can't do that. I'd like to tell you what has occurred as I truly believe that the whole situation is absurd and I absolutely refuse to pay the £100 that Parking Eye think they are entitled to. When I first received a notice from them in November I 'appealed' through their website, but I don't have evidence of exactly why I wrote as I completed some online form of theirs and sent it off. I included the ticket, and my wife's antenatal appointment, which was germane to my argument. What I didn't do, was use you guys in the first place purely because I thought the whole thing was so absurd, they can't possibly go through with this, especially after I told them exactly what and why the whole thing happened, they can't seriously expect me to go through an official appeals process for such a ridiculous 'charge'. Anyway, they then replied basically saying, nope, sorry you still owe us money so I wrote back, (this time I copied pasted what I wrote) and here it is below: (this also explains my whole case, which I haven't explained to you in this email yet, as it is all written below) I will however just say that they claim I underpaid by £1, in other words I overstayed by an hour.

"Dear Sir/Madame,
    This is now the second time I am contacting you after an initial appeal to which you replied by sending me a letter I have attached as evidence. POPLARef: 6063505***

You stated in that letter that my appeal had been unsuccessful etc etc and I now owe the full amount.
    I am now writing to tell you that I absolutely will not be paying that amount, since the mistake that was made, was by your own machines, and not me! As i stated previously, on the day in question, I placed the correct amount into the machine, took my ticket and did not think to second guess a machine, or assume it had not taken my coins, why would anyone do this, especially upon visiting a hospital where one's mind is clearly not on the efficacy of the parking meters, but on matters pertaining to the family member who were being taken to hospital, OBVIOUSLY.
    So, when you furnish proof , that among the takings of the day in question, MY VEHICLE was the one which had apparently not paid the EXTRA £1 you are accusing me of, then I will be happy to pay the penalty, however, that is clearly going to be impossible, because a.) I paid the amount and b.) I presume that to be a task which had you the ability to do so, you wold have done it already, since you present yourselves as being so efficient and diligent with your system of payment. Since you are accusing me of under paying you £1, I demand proof of that, since I showed you proof of how long I planned to be in the hospital, WITH MY PREGNANT WIFE, why on earth would I underpay by £1??
    If you look further into your 'records' shall we call them, you will see that during the week of 26th Dec 2014 until 4th Jan 2016, the car with reg no: LS***** paid A HUGE AMOUNT into your company, as my wife and infant son were hospitalised during that time, so I ask you again, why would someone in my situation UNDERPAY BY £1 in order to be charged a ridiculous amount of £100 when I very willingly and diligently paid so much in the week mentioned above, without argument, hesitation or question?

I state again, prove to me that according to your system I did not put the £3 into the machine. I put it in, your machine obviously rejected it or I don't know what and gave me the wrong amount on the ticket. YOU prove THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN. I have told you, provided you with, stated all I can. You will not be getting the penalty I allegedly owe you. As I said, considering our other car, spent so much money in the week I stated above, why on earth would I not pay the extra £1.
    I trust next time I hear from you this will be over and done with
    (Husband's name)"

(I then wrote back almost immediately)

"I just sent you another email however I would just like to add, that the car which I informed you was parked in your car park for the duration of 26th DEC 2015- 4th JAN 2016 IS ALSO REGISTERED AS DISABLED (please do check to validate that, if you also plan to challenge me on my word on that ,too) so considering we could have parked in your car parks FOR FREE but PAID instead, WHY ON EARTH WOULD I UNDERPAY YOU BY £1???????
    Just another point to make my case even stronger.
    Looking forward to your no doubt, entertaining response to this.

(Husband's name)"

POPLA then replied saying this:

Thank you for your recent appeal.

The verification code that you have provided cannot be used, as it has expired. It is therefore outside out of our remit to investigate your appeal.
    For confidential and impartial advice, you may wish to contact Citizens Advice:

www.adviceguide.org.uk or call 0345 404 0506 (English) or 0345 404 0505 (Welsh).
    Yours Sincerely

Anthony Davidson
    POPLA Team

There's nothing helpful on the Citizens advice website, I really don't know what to do next, I absolutely do not want to pay them this fine, it's insanity!

ANY advice would be so helpful.

Thanks in advance.

M

Tags: None

Re: POPLA Ref Expired,what now?

Contact the patient and liason service.

http://www.nhs.uk/Service-Search/Pat...tionSearch/363

M1

Comment

Thanks for the quick response, I will give it a go and see what happens!

Comment

Hello, I just wanted to say thank you. I immediately contacted PALS, they responded really quickly, told me they would investigate. Then just over two weeks later they said provided the case hadn't gone to county court, I would be receiving a letter by post from parking eye, saying the case was dismissed. So I thanked them a lot, now I'm thanking you for the advice. Great website, in a plethora of other online 'advice' which doesn't help at , you guys really do😊😊😊

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X